Home

MLB The Show 16 Patch 1.03 Available Now, Here Are The Details

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Patch 1.03 Available Now, Here Are The Details within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2016, 05:41 PM   #41
MVP

Jeffrey Smith's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show Update V. 1.03

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBixbe
You're right. If I took the car back to the dealer they would fix it or give me a car with working wheels right away. Consumers like you are why the gaming industry is so corrupt. You accept their faulty product every year without complaint.

So every year you get a faulty product. Just like Madden I will stop buying this game. I want what I paid for. I shouldn't have to wait until online and battle royale nonsense, of which I have no interest, is fixed before I can get a working game.
Cars are sold with faulty parts all the time. Recalled for air bags, bad ignition switches, etc. When your car has a recall you are put on a list and get a call when the dealer has your new part.

When your video game has a flaw it usually(hopefully) gets patched. Kind of similar actually.
NBA: TORONTO RAPTORS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2016, 05:43 PM   #42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmascarello
This is nuts because there is a major difference between programming a video game and manufacturing a car.

It doesn't make game makers corrupt because there are issues. It makes them human. There will NEVER be the perfect sports game. It's impossible. When programming something, there are going to always be flawed and they patch the ones they can. Some can't be patched because it's part of the main code. So those flaws never get fixed because they can't fix them, literally. No matter how many tests get ran, there will be things that slip through the cracks. It's just the way it is.

Making video games is not an exact science. So you have to table the bad and decide if the good outweighs it. Otherwise, you'll miss out on some really good games.
I and other guys were able to see the broken ABR after just one game. You gonna tell me Ramone and his crew couldn't see the problem with all the testing and live streams? They knew the ABR was broken but were so fixated on money making packs and stubs they basically said *crew the ABR guy it, we'll fix it later. That in my book is corruption.
Old 04-16-2016, 05:45 PM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
just today, after installing 1.03. I have a runner on first. The ball is driven to right center for a hit. The guy on first dives back to the base. I press advance to override and send him to second. By the time he gets up and starts running the ball is already at second Out! that's a broken game to me.
Haven't experienced anything like that, did you play with this feature in '15 and if so is it noticeably different ?
Old 04-16-2016, 05:46 PM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbomberoloco
Haven't experienced anything like that, did you play with this feature in '15 and if so is it noticeably different ?
Happens all the time, and no it didn't happen in 2015
Old 04-16-2016, 05:49 PM   #45

NewNapkin's Arena

OVR: 9

If this happens all the time, could you perhaps produce some video of it? That would definitely help the developers more than comparing it to a car and claiming the game is completely broken. I, for one, use auto base running and have played ~20 games and have yet to see an issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2016, 05:49 PM   #46
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbomberoloco
'15 had ABR issues also with very slow runners trying to steal bases at the wrong time and getting thrown out. But nothing like this. This ABR is a complete disaster
Old 04-16-2016, 05:50 PM   #47
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
just today, after installing 1.03. I have a runner on first. The ball is driven to right center for a hit. The guy on first dives back to the base. I press advance to override and send him to second. By the time he gets up and starts running the ball is already at second Out! that's a broken game to me.
Loll that's not a broken game, that's a broken aspect of the game, further more, a broken aspect that you have the choice to use or not use.

Don't use auto-baserunning, no more broken game. It obviously sucks that you can't play with a feature you've been using for years, but it's something you're gonna have to deal with until it's patched.

But to call the ENTIRE game broken because of one aspect not working is laughable.

Old 04-16-2016, 05:59 PM   #48
Rookie

YESSSSS!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »