Home

Budgets on or off?

This is a discussion on Budgets on or off? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2016, 04:59 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
Budgets on or off?

With osfm dropping in an hour, I'm ready to start a franchise but do you guys think budgets should be on or off? Are there any problems with no budget if You restrain yourself from abusing it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2016, 05:02 PM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Budgets on or off?

I have never played with budgets off so I can't answer if there are issues with no budget. Personally I like to keep things as realistic as possible so I keep budgets on.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-17-2016, 05:12 PM   #3
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Not only on, but contracts edited to be as close to real life as I can. Its hugely important to me. I only wish that features still existed from past versions with more owner mode aspects to build (or subtract) from the budgets of teams.
Old 04-17-2016, 08:12 PM   #4
Rookie

adamjsav's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
Not only on, but contracts edited to be as close to real life as I can. Its hugely important to me. I only wish that features still existed from past versions with more owner mode aspects to build (or subtract) from the budgets of teams.
Might need to be careful there mate. With the new luxury tax threshold, you will ruin your franchise.
Old 04-17-2016, 10:02 PM   #5
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

I play with the budgets on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2016, 10:46 PM   #6
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjsav
Might need to be careful there mate. With the new luxury tax threshold, you will ruin your franchise.
Could you elaborate? I've noticed in the budget screen at the luxury tax threshold says that its 225 million, my current budget is 209 million, and I'm currently about 13 million under budget after a few trades. As long as I stay under that 225 million limit, I should be ok, correct?
Old 04-17-2016, 11:34 PM   #7
Rookie

adamjsav's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
Could you elaborate? I've noticed in the budget screen at the luxury tax threshold says that its 225 million, my current budget is 209 million, and I'm currently about 13 million under budget after a few trades. As long as I stay under that 225 million limit, I should be ok, correct?
So it looks like the tax varies from franchise to franchise. I have started a couple just to see with the OSFM rosters and I was around $203-204 million competitive balance threshold.

On the franchise live stream Ramone did I think his threshold was $169 million. I have posted before asking for clarification but didn't receive any. For instance, factors that determine the threshold, if you edit contracts then start a franchise is this accounted for. And with the new threshold, does that put the CPU at a disadvantage signing free agents, if their calculations are based on a predetermined number.

Adds to realism, but not if toying with it can cause some major upsets down the line.
Old 04-18-2016, 12:32 AM   #8
Rookie

acer0ckolla's Arena

OVR: 3

I always play with them on, but I've regretted it when I wanted to make some of the deals that happen around the trade deadline, some teams just didn't have the budget. This year I'm hopefully going to be less OCD and actually make it a few years into the franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »