Home

That ONE roster move is...

This is a discussion on That ONE roster move is... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2016, 04:47 AM   #17
Rookie

YankeeVic's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: That ONE roster move is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLebron12
Is it just me or does anyone else not like making moves that don't happen in real life??
I generally like to stay true as well but I'm 2-5 in my season so far & my Yankees are SO old. So I went out & added another old-timer (Ichiro) for depth.
Old 04-19-2016, 11:49 AM   #18
Banned

BDrizz's Arena

I do franchises with the Rockies (almost exclusively) and the first move I will make is to offload Reyes. Even if I have to waive him or cut him or trade for a 1 armed, left handed catcher I will make the move. I CANNOT STAND Reyes.
Old 04-19-2016, 11:54 AM   #19
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Everything depends how my squad (Yankees) looks approaching the All-Star break.

If we are in the heat of the race (either divisional or wildcard) I am going to want to make a move for a veteran pitcher for the stretch drive. Brett Gardner, a player I adore is on the block. I will also be willing to part with a prospect (A or B depending on who I get in return) to get that horse I need to put my staff over the top.

The team has a lot of if's though. If Aaron Hicks can fill Gardner's shoes? If the rest of my staff stays healthy (Tanaka, CC, Evoldi etc). If A-Rod can duplicate 2015. If Jacoby can play to a high level and stay healthy, if Texy can stay healthy, if Greg Bird can emerge and....you guessed it, stay healthy.

So everything needs to fall right for me by the All-Star break to consider that "ONE" move.

My plan is to try and stay the course as we are going to shed some huge contracts over the next 2 seasons, and get into the Bryce Harper sweepstakes.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 04-19-2016, 12:08 PM   #20
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6

Considering the sad state of the Braves bullpen and seeing as I use classic pitching where ratings mean much more, I will be making some upgrades....potential moves include signing Tim Lincecum and Brian Wilson to aid in middle relief. Also, I'm bringing back a beloved Brave of mine....Jonny Venters. I could bring back Kimbrel to reform the O'Ventbrel trio...but I'm more on keeping things realistic...but oh how I wish!

Outside of the pen, I'm giving Albies and Swanson every opportunity to make the opening day club out of spring training, probably moving Swanson to 2B.

And I'm firing Fredi Gonzalez, day one.

Old 04-19-2016, 02:34 PM   #21
Rookie

Roonster's Arena

Once I start my Sox franchise I'm gonna trade for Sano.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2016, 09:37 PM   #22
Rookie

ItAllFades's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HartmanTeets6
First moves I made were to get rid of prospects not named Benitendi, Devers, Espinosa, Moncada, and go get Chris Archer. Also traded Pablo (!!!!) and Chris Young, because he's a former yankee, and I can't have any of those players on my Red Sox WS winning team.
What a weird reason to get rid of a guy. Would you dump Price if he played for NY at some point?
Old 04-19-2016, 09:45 PM   #23
Pro

Themayorofawsometown's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItAllFades
What a weird reason to get rid of a guy. Would you dump Price if he played for NY at some point?
Weird things happen when the sox and Yankees are involved

Sent from my N9130 using Tapatalk
Miami Heat
Old 04-19-2016, 09:49 PM   #24
Pro

garyjr33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Everything depends how my squad (Yankees) looks approaching the All-Star break.

If we are in the heat of the race (either divisional or wildcard) I am going to want to make a move for a veteran pitcher for the stretch drive. Brett Gardner, a player I adore is on the block. I will also be willing to part with a prospect (A or B depending on who I get in return) to get that horse I need to put my staff over the top.

The team has a lot of if's though. If Aaron Hicks can fill Gardner's shoes? If the rest of my staff stays healthy (Tanaka, CC, Evoldi etc). If A-Rod can duplicate 2015. If Jacoby can play to a high level and stay healthy, if Texy can stay healthy, if Greg Bird can emerge and....you guessed it, stay healthy.

So everything needs to fall right for me by the All-Star break to consider that "ONE" move.

My plan is to try and stay the course as we are going to shed some huge contracts over the next 2 seasons, and get into the Bryce Harper sweepstakes.
I honestly believe that Yanks are going to try to go after him in real life. I wonder if he will be available in the MLB the show franchise universe or if he will be signed by the Nats. I want him bad with that short RF porch and I love Harper. What are your thoughts?
NCAAF: Illinois Fighting Illini, Lafayette
NCCAB: Illinois Fighting Illini, Lafayette

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »