Home

That ONE roster move is...

This is a discussion on That ONE roster move is... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2016, 06:06 PM   #33
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: That ONE roster move is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapps
Fyi, you couldn't get a used condom for Reyes, right now. He has zero trade value.
Which begs the question, who would be a good trade for that?
#44Syracuse
Old 04-21-2016, 05:52 PM   #34
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
Which begs the question, who would be a good trade for that?
I figure the Show is MY world and not real life. So you have to figure all of his BS aside, what is a good value for him? I kept him in A ball, placed him on the block and ironed out a trade with the Cardinals. Here is what I pulled off:

Rockies Get:
Jake Thompson SP
Carlos Ruiz C

Cardinals get:
Jose Reyes SS
Chris Nelson 3B
C Jackson Williams

I needed pitching, BAD as I am 8-21 with the Rockies, and all my starters era's are hovering over 3.50. Thompson sadly will sit near the top of the rotation, and will probably get butchered for a while until mid season. Thats when I start to poke around the trade block to get the low end relief guys to replace the retirement home community I have in the bullpen.
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions

Last edited by Instant C1a55ic; 04-21-2016 at 05:55 PM.
Old 04-21-2016, 06:00 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I have little doubt Harper will be wearing pin-stripes in the future. He was made to be a Yankees. That porch? 55-60 HR's for him playing in Yankee Stadium for 81 games.

I wouldn't be surprised. I hope the Nats do hang on to him, though.

When he became an FA in my Marlins franchise, getting him was the only goal I had that offseason lol.

And I feel "cheated" because this year he has good vs L ratings and I have the inferior version lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2016, 10:55 PM   #36
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I have little doubt Harper will be wearing pin-stripes in the future. He was made to be a Yankees. That porch? 55-60 HR's for him playing in Yankee Stadium for 81 games.
If the Boss was still around I'd agree, but Hank & Hal don't run the ship like their old man.
#44Syracuse
Old 04-22-2016, 04:09 AM   #37
We're Going Farming

Equinox831's Arena

OVR: 18

I get John Danks out of town ASAP. $13.5M/yr to be one of the worst starting pitchers in baseball. I got through one season of my White Sox franchise this year and being able to get rid of him, sign Brett Anderson in free agency, and then bring up Spencer Adams to get some reps in at the MLB level and throw out of the pen was one of the best feelings ever. I HATE John Danks.
Old 04-22-2016, 08:05 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 4

Trying to get anything for Melvin Upton. He's batting .082 so far near the end of April. I think i've gotten 1 rbi with him so far.

A 69ovr player on 15mil. Maybe try and get an infielder, feel like the outfield has a lot of potential that could come through.
Old 04-22-2016, 09:16 AM   #39
Rookie

timmermac's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Replacing the entire Braves roster.
When I finally get the game, that's what I'll be doing. I turn on ignore budgets and sign legends like crazy. I like hitters that can leave the park.
Old 04-22-2016, 03:24 PM   #40
Rookie

I love trying to rebuild the Phillies. This was much more difficult in previous versions before JP Crawford became a stud and Rueban actually made 1 good trade to get Alfaro, Thompson and Williams.

But the one move I love to make is getting Kike Hernandez from the Dodgers. He's a super utility guy that can play any OF spot and 3B, SS, and 2B. He crushes lefties and has average speed. I figure with how deep the Dodgers are in the OF (Kike's primary spot is CF), they would be willing to trade him for pitching depth or Vets that can contribute right away. So at the deadline I trade whichever pitcher not named Nola or Velazquez that's playing well, a bullpen arm, and then Chooch or Galvis (depending on who is hitting better and aligns with what Dodgers need more).

Trade helps Dodgers because they get more pitching depth behind Kershaw, a good bullpen arm, and then maybe a starter or bench guy at a more pressing position than OF. And it helps the Phillies because Kike can play any position so managing injuries becomes a lot easier but he also can crush lefties.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »