Home

Game runs choppy and slow

This is a discussion on Game runs choppy and slow within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2016, 02:30 PM   #9
MVP

sportdan30's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Game runs choppy and slow

My game runs smooth as butter on my Plasma but there are some definite frame rate drops when playing on my new Vizio 4K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-27-2016, 02:31 PM   #10
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

I see stuttering in cutscenes, but it is the same as it has been since MLB 14. I was seeing some unresponsive menu actions last night in the manage roster screen when trying to add players to the 40-man.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 04-27-2016, 02:36 PM   #11
Rookie

Finn's Arena

OVR: 2

Are you able to try and play without any connection to the Internet? That or turn off any sort of MLB.com in game updates.

I don't imagine it would be a controller issue but do you have a second you could try?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2016, 02:37 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have noticed some significant "chops" as well in some of the visuals. I use timing hitting so i can just focus on the ball and swing if it's in the zone. Well sometimes, I've noticed it mostly on really slow sliders down around 80-83 mph, it seems to "skip" or "chop" in the air a half second and it completely throws me off.
Second most common occurrence: I use meter pitching and have found myself spiking some pitches into the ground sometimes because the bar seems to be choppy at times as well. Thought maybe it was just my eyes spazzing out but it looks like the general consensus is some framerate issues.
Old 04-27-2016, 03:34 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRiMETiME559_ps4
I have noticed some significant "chops" as well in some of the visuals. I use timing hitting so i can just focus on the ball and swing if it's in the zone. Well sometimes, I've noticed it mostly on really slow sliders down around 80-83 mph, it seems to "skip" or "chop" in the air a half second and it completely throws me off.
Second most common occurrence: I use meter pitching and have found myself spiking some pitches into the ground sometimes because the bar seems to be choppy at times as well. Thought maybe it was just my eyes spazzing out but it looks like the general consensus is some framerate issues.
Yes, this is what I tried to illustrate with the video I posted in that other thread (link is above). It's the effect 30 FPS has on the eyes - it looks like the ball skips frames instead of being one object in smooth motion.

To the people saying going offline or game mode will help - Both of the examples I posted in that other thread were taken from the exact same TV with the exact same settings. One looks smooth and the other does not. The only difference was the park that I was playing in.
Old 04-27-2016, 03:39 PM   #14
Pro

Herschie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRiMETiME559_ps4
Yes. This is exactly what's happening to me. I might try and unplug my ethernet cable, see what that does.
Old 04-27-2016, 04:23 PM   #15
Pro

Herschie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-gameplay.html (LOCKED)

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...es-thread.html (Still open, but has gone quiet)

Check out my example with the 60 FPS video near the end - it's the best way I could really illustrate this problem as it relates to hitting.

I think the bottom line is that some of us are more sensitive to it than others, and it definitely doesn't happen in all parks and situations.
Thanks. I tried searching, but one was on page 6, and the other was on page 21 lol. Apparently it's happening a lot at Wrigley, which obviously stinks for me. So maybe it is the game. Could explain why it's not a bigger issue for a lot of people.

Last edited by Herschie; 04-27-2016 at 04:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2016, 05:34 PM   #16
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herschie
Thanks. I tried searching, but one was on page 6, and the other was on page 21 lol. Apparently it's happening a lot at Wrigley, which obviously stinks for me. So maybe it is the game. Could explain why it's not a bigger issue for a lot of people.
I actually feel much more comfortable at Wrigley, especially pitching, than I do at a lot of other parks. Part of that could be just feeling like its home though, having watched countless games there on TV and played thousands over the years on video games.

For you guys who are having issues with TVs, is this wide spread? I have a 55" Samsung LED, and just use the same settings for everything (PS4, DirecTV, Movies) and have zero issues. On my previous LCD TV brightness was an issue, and I had to bump it up for gaming, but the LED is so bright on default that this has never been a problem. I don't think I've touched the settings since the first week I owned it about three years ago.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »