Home

Game runs choppy and slow

This is a discussion on Game runs choppy and slow within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2016, 06:00 PM   #17
MVP

Syce's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Game runs choppy and slow

im pretty sure there is a memory leak, usually just rebooting the game every few hours will solve it for a while. but thats what ive taught my self to do now, after a few games ill just restart the game and it will be good again.
Old 04-27-2016, 06:07 PM   #18
Rookie

NKRDIBL's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herschie
I did a quick search and couldn't find anything on here or Google, but at certain times, the game runs extremely choppy, almost like I'm trying to play Microsoft Flight Simulator X on my old Gateway from 1993. It happened in 15 too, and I don't know for sure if it's just The Show because I hardly play anything else on the PS4. I know there are some minor framerate issues, but this is definitely different. But the batting PCI will look choppy as I wave it around the zone, and the sluggishness actually affects gameplay because it tends to delay my inputs. Oh, and this is against the CPU offline. In fact today I allowed the tying run when Travis Wood threw a wild pitch because of this.

In any case, I'm wondering if there's anything I can do about this? I did a database rebuild before the game came out too. I'm wondering if there might be some program I don't know about running in the background? It may or may not be the game because like I said, the only other games I'm playing are from Nintendo, and I don't see a whole lot of people having this problem. It doesn't happen for the whole game, just happens every now and then. In a game that depends so much on timing, that is very bad.
I experience this problem as well. I have had it a few times where my PCI seems to lag, and I can't move it in the zone very fast. And like you I also use meter pitching, and no matter what I input I miss my confidence line and it never registers. Yesterday as it was doing it offline I paused the game, and it went away. Not sure if that was the fix, or just luck.
Old 04-27-2016, 07:19 PM   #19
Pro

Herschie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycecg
im pretty sure there is a memory leak, usually just rebooting the game every few hours will solve it for a while. but thats what ive taught my self to do now, after a few games ill just restart the game and it will be good again.
I never thought of this. It works on my laptop, so I'll try it. Thanks.
Old 06-15-2016, 12:01 AM   #20
Pro

Herschie's Arena

None of this is working. Tried playing offline, tried restarting, still running like crap. This is terrible! Give me back my sixty bucks! I can handle a challenging game, but when the challenge comes from the game not running correctly, that's terrible. This completely throws off my timing on both pitching and hitting. Kind of a big deal when it comes to baseball.
Old 06-15-2016, 12:33 AM   #21
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Money back on a game you have played for 2 and a half months......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2016, 01:08 AM   #22
Pro

spitoon's Arena

OVR: 8

Have you tried enabling game mode on your TV? That seems to have helped in some cases...
Old 06-15-2016, 05:10 PM   #23
Pro

Herschie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitoon
Have you tried enabling game mode on your TV? That seems to have helped in some cases...
Yep. Heard that cuts down on lag, crucial for baseball. I'm sorry if I'm coming off over the top, but I love The Show as a whole. I'll never forget how floored I was when I bought a PS3 specifically for MLB 12: The Show. And it was the best investment I ever made. I remember being at Wrigley Field and wanting to get home and play The Show. I wasn't playing Zelda, I wasn't playing Madden 12 (Which I was also hooked on at one point), I wasn't playing Mariokart. SCEA beat out Nintendo for games that I spent most of my time playing. And when it came time to purchase a PS4 or Xbox One, it was a no-brainer which one I wanted.

So I know that they can do better than this. They have, several times. At least 15 was a winner, so I think I'll go back to that game. It's like when Jake Arrieta has a bad start and allows 6 runs in 2 1/3. You just sort of shrug your shoulders and figure that he'll get back to his Cy Young stuff in no time.

Last edited by Herschie; 06-15-2016 at 05:16 PM.
Old 06-24-2016, 01:10 AM   #24
Pro

Herschie's Arena

Boy, do I feel dumb! I think I figured out the problem. I recently continued a game I was playing before I had to go. It was running fine before I put the system into sleep mode. When I woke it up from sleep mode, once again it was running choppy and slow. Cost me two runs.

Anyway, I get a notification that Netflix had been updated (Cool, Walking Dead is getting good, I'm in the 5th season). Once that was all cleared up, the game started running fine once again. So maybe it has something to do with something downloading in the background, or some background process.

I think the game is fine. Consider this my apology to calling out SCEA. But now what do I do about this?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »