Home

Franchise problem: Suicide Squeeze

This is a discussion on Franchise problem: Suicide Squeeze within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2016, 08:08 AM   #9
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Franchise problem: Suicide Squeeze

The OP has seen it 3 times in his first month, I haven't seen it but once in two months.

This was an issue last year, but this year I haven't seen it. As I said I've only seen one suicide squeeze by the cpu through the month of May. I honestly don't recall now who attempted it (Trea Turner maybe???) but it was in my first Nationals series.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-11-2016, 09:07 AM   #10
Rookie

basebalfan3000's Arena

OVR: 0

that happened to me in a dd game however i didnt know it was happening and when i relizesed gattis popped up the bunt kinsler caught it and threw to white for the dp i was like nice try
Old 05-11-2016, 11:31 AM   #11
Rookie

RockPowderDownLoL's Arena

the only time this has ever happened to me was in the world series game 6 in mlb 11 and it cost me the game and the yankees clinched the world series on me and i personally think this has to do with lower difficulties. hasn't happened since. maybe once but it was not a memorable one
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2016, 12:14 PM   #12
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

OVR: 3

Happened TWICE just last night in back to back innings.

I beat the Cubs last night 1-0 in 13 innings. In the 10th AND the 11th, bases loaded 1 out they attempted a squeeze and failed twice.

I have seen this 3 times in my first 26 games MoM.

On one hand I was happy as ANY contact and I lose but then again. It seemed like a cheap win.
Old 05-11-2016, 09:13 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 20

I literally have not seen this yet in around 40 games played. It's one of those things where you see it in bunches, think it's a "problem," then you don't see it again for a month. I'd put hitting the pitcher in this category as well, where it'll happen 5 times in one game, 3 the next, you make a forum post whining about it, then it happens like twice in your next 10 games.
Old 05-12-2016, 12:32 PM   #14
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

HA - I've seem HBP twice in 33 games and I'm not sure I have ever seen a pitcher get hit.

My biggest pet peeve at the moment is a pitcher TRYING to bunt with 3 balls, missing on ball for and the game locks up and I need to start the game over from the beginning. Puts another layer of strategy into play LOL

Back on topic I'm afraid to squeeze because I've seen what happens to the OTHER team when they try! I have not seen a successful squeeze yet. I HAVE seen a lot of missed bunt attempts.
Old 05-12-2016, 08:00 PM   #15
Pro

sportomatic75's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjviking11
This has been a problem in the past few games and continues to be problem with this year's game. It seems like every time the opposing team has the winning or tying run at 3rd base with 1 or less outs, the suicide squeeze is attempted. a suicide squeeze maybe happens once a year in the MLB and it's already happened in my franchise about 3 times in just the first month. The most recent time was with Brandon belt of all people with runners on second and third. It's really annoying. Will there be or is there already a fix to this?
I have noted this in another thread. It's a huge problem for me too
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2016, 04:40 PM   #16
Pro

Jason Castro just laid down a suicide squeeze bottom 8th 1-1 game

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »