Home

Would you trade your best hitter if you can't hit with him?

This is a discussion on Would you trade your best hitter if you can't hit with him? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2016, 02:25 AM   #9
MVP

awffltony77's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Would you trade your best hitter if you can't hit with him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSeahawks
I've got a dilemma in my Twins franchise. It's the 2nd season of the franchise and we are right in the middle of the playoff chase at this moment. I only play about 10 games per season, but in the games that I've played, I've been terrible hitting with RF Miguel Sano. He's the best hitter on the team ratings wise and leads the team in HR's (not the best batting average though), but I only have 1 hit with him in the few games that I play. I'm not sure if I'm just in a slump or if I really can't hit well with him. I do a lot better with guys like Brian Dozier and Chris Carter (traded from the Brewers).

So what would you do? Trade Sano or keep him if you struggle when usering him? If I do trade him, I would be in the offseason or season 3 trade deadline at the latest. Any input would be helpful!
Same same same issue here, man. I struggled BAD with him. Then I'd start to press and do even worse.......Its his stance. I swear. I've gotten a little better, though.

I feel your pain. And I'm not trading him.
Are you using the default roster? Most rosters I've looked at (and I've download dozens just to look at Sano), his vision is at like 16. The Hybrid has him at about 28 or so. My advise is to edit that to around 25-35 (or whatever you want its your franchinse) and then spend a few hours in BP. I was around .085-1-4 through April, striking out over 50% of his ABs.....Well into June now Im sitting .230-12-28. Not great, but not fakey horrid, were getting there....
Old 06-03-2016, 02:27 AM   #10
MVP

awffltony77's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by awffltony77
Same same same issue here, man. I struggled BAD with him. Then I'd start to press and do even worse.......Its his stance. I swear. I've gotten a little better, though.

Are you using the default roster? Most rosters I've looked at (and I've download dozens just to look at Sano), his vision is at like 16. The Hybrid has him at about 28 or so. My advise is to edit that to around 25-35 (or whatever you want its your franchinse) and then spend a few hours in BP. I was around .085-1-4 through April, striking out over 50% of his ABs.....Well into June now Im sitting .230-12-28. Not great, but not fakey horrid, were getting there....

Stupid side note: I am on a laptop, positioned to my right. I clicked this topic, took a called strike 3 with Sano, then turned my head right again and read this lol......
How do you do with Park????

Last edited by awffltony77; 06-03-2016 at 02:28 AM. Reason: missing letters
Old 06-03-2016, 08:09 AM   #11
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Just cheat and be his hitting coach and change his stance. That way you can likely hit a little better with him. There's a definite visual hindrance to some stances IMO. It took me quite a few games to get halfway comfortable with his stance. I tend to struggle with guys who are closed off.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2016, 08:10 AM   #12
Rookie

One thing I like (and sometimes hate) about this game is the streaks players go on. Xander Bogaerts was hitting .198 at the end of April. He's my #3 hitter and has incredible contact ratings. As a young 22/23 year old, I wanted him to be my #3 hitter for the next 10+ years. I was running out of patience when all of a sudden he got hot. I'm now 3 games away from the all-star break (July) and he's hitting .301. He hit over .400 in May. Sometimes it just takes one or two 2-3 hit games and they get hot and stay that way.

That being said, if you can trade him for 2 players who you hit better with (young) I would. There are some guys, usually lefties, who I hit .300 with, regardless of how bad their ratings are. Jarrod Dyson and Blake Swihart are both hitting for me.
Old 06-03-2016, 09:12 AM   #13
MVP

SuperSeahawks's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by awffltony77

I'm using OSFM 3.5 and the sliders are default with hitting at veteran and pitching at allstar (it's my first year playing the Show since 2010). I've been having fun messing with several teams trying to find 1 I like.

PSN: SeahawkFan11OS

GT: SuperSeahawks

Twitch
Old 06-03-2016, 09:58 AM   #14
Rookie

MindBeats's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmondn96
Same for me with Big Papi. I moved him down a spot in the lineup and it actually helped. You might try that to take some pressure off him. Since you play so few games, it sounds like trading him would be more of a detriment to your team.
Yup, same thing with me. I just CANNOT hit with Papi. It's so frustrating. I even moved him to the minors for a week just to get him going, but it's so hard to hit with him.

On the other end, I seem to hit godly with Travis Shaw (even moved him to 3rd spot on the lineup cuz he's been that good)

Soccer (It's football, not soccer!!): SL Benfica
Baseball: Oakland A's/ San Francisco Giants
Football: San Francisco 49ers
Old 06-03-2016, 01:14 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Another thing you can try is to adjust his swing to a type that you hit well with.

Players alter their swings all the time, and especially young players are often asked to tinker with their swing to make it easier to repeat consistently.

If you edited this player's swing, you could retain the value he brings to the club in sim stats, plus get better production in your played games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2016, 02:23 PM   #16
MVP

zippy2212's Arena

OVR: 8

It's funny how this game works. I have guys who I just rake with and then others who I struggle with no matter the ratings or stance. Baez and Rizzo are good examples. Their stances change with every edition of The Show yet I still average 30+ homers and .300 ba's. Yet with Soler and Castro before him I can barely hit. So for me I definitely wouldn't hesitate to make a trade as long as I got fair value back. Like a similar hitter age and ability or a top of the rotation young arm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »