Home

Great Days at the Plate

This is a discussion on Great Days at the Plate within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2016, 05:30 PM   #25
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Great Days at the Plate

Damn near hit for the cycle with the 1987 Indians last night. 2 Indians had a chance.
Joe Carter came up in the 8th only needing a single, but I didn't get a good pitch to hit, so he drew a walk. Julio Franco also only needed a single in his last AB but I forgot & hustled him to 2B for his second double of the game. Brett Butler also could have had a chance. He had 2 triples & a homer. The only caveat was I played at Polo grounds, where triples are cheap, & homers cheaper. But between those 3 Carter, Franco & Butler, it was definitely a great day to plate.
#44Syracuse
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2016, 10:25 AM   #26
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Drawing back to back walks with the bases loaded in the bottom of the 9th to get the walk off win!

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-28-2016, 04:33 PM   #27
Banned

Just the other day, I went 3-4 with ARod, with 3 homers and 6 RBI's, including the game-winning 3-run jack. Mind you this is on Legend everything difficulty.
Old 06-28-2016, 09:07 PM   #28
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.A.D.
Just the other day, I went 3-4 with ARod, with 3 homers and 6 RBI's, including the game-winning 3-run jack. Mind you this is on Legend everything difficulty.
That's impressive
Old 06-29-2016, 10:06 AM   #29
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Went 3-4 with Brandon Moss in my last game with against the Padres. Moss hit 2 homers and a single and drove in all 4 runs.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-30-2016, 02:04 AM   #30
Pro

No.27's Arena

Down 4-0 in the 8th inning. I had only 2 hits and didn't look like scoring. All of a sudden my first 2 batters were HIT BY PITCH and then I got a streaky single on an infield error. Addison Russell came to the plate and battled to a 3-2 count then finally got one up in the zone which was despatched for a grand slam. I was back in the game and ended up winning in the 14th inning after I had all but given up. I'm finding the inning by inning variety AMAZING this year and you never quite know what's going to happen next at the plate.
Old 06-30-2016, 02:09 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I've never gone back to back to back in The Show, until today.

After fighting to get to extras in a 1-1 game at SF, we ran away with the game in the 10th after consecutive HR by Pederson, Thompson, and Tabata.

It was cool to get my first back to back to back with all 3 of my OF being involved, 2 of them being platoon players/bench guys, and the 3 shots coming at a pitcher's park. It was also cool that the shots went to all 3 fields, Pederson to dead center, Thompson opposite field to right, and Tabata to left.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2016, 12:57 AM   #32
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

OVR: 14

Mookie Betts was struggling so badly in my Red Sox franchise and was hitting just .185 through the first 30 games......then he absolutely caught fire for a 10 game stretch in which he hit .488 going 21 for 43 at bats and he also hit .555 in the last 6 games of that stretch going 15 for 27

Betts last game he was 4 for 5 with a single, 2 doubles and a triple and over that 10 game stretch he raised his batting average from .185 to .271 to totally turn around what was looking like it was going to be a disastrous first half of the season for Betts

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »