Home

SCEA Bans Many Players for Using Exploits in MLB The Show 16

This is a discussion on SCEA Bans Many Players for Using Exploits in MLB The Show 16 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 04:33 PM   #25
MVP

Jason_19's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: SCEA Bans Many Players for Using Exploits in MLB The Show 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I find it difficult to buy that people who did something egregious enough to get banned had no idea why they were doing was wrong. Maybe it's just me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can somewhat understand that, but our understandings of things does not dictate reality.

If you're interested, here (http://www.operationsports.com/forum...0&postcount=36) is a comment where I addressed this in another thread. Here (http://www.operationsports.com/forum...2&postcount=39) is a brief follow-up comment.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2016, 04:37 PM   #26
MVP

Jason_19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn
Have you received any info regarding your ban (length, how many times or number of stubs they believe you gained through exploit)?
I can only speak for myself, but the answer is no. The only notification I got was when attempting to click into the Diamond Dynasty section of The Show was a vague network error pop-up message that read: "You are banned: cheating, abuse of the game's points system, etc."

Last edited by Jason_19; 06-28-2016 at 04:55 PM.
Old 06-28-2016, 04:37 PM   #27
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_19
I can somewhat understand that, but our understandings of things does not dictate reality.

If you're interested, here (http://www.operationsports.com/forum...0&postcount=36) is a comment where I addressed this in another thread. Here (http://www.operationsports.com/forum...2&postcount=39) is a brief follow-up comment.

Interesting. To me it's still a tough sell that you'd get banned after a few cancelled transactions. If that's truly what happened then I hope your situation is rectified. Truly I do. From my perspective and I am a cynic, it's hard for me to buy that's how it went down for so many people.

Old 06-28-2016, 04:42 PM   #28
Rookie

Finn's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
I can only speak for myself, but the answer is no. The only notification I got was when attempting to click into the Diamond Dynasty of The Show was a vague network error pop-up message that reads: "You are banned: cheating, abuse of the game's points system, etc."
Well I hope in your case if the bans are mostly coming from this cancellation exploit then you may have only been caught up in the mess a couple of times and the ban will be very short term. Not knowing the number of times the data is saying your user id exploited the market is tough and understandably frustrating.
Old 06-28-2016, 04:42 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Yea if you did this unwillingly (like 1 time) you will get your account back. Just give SDS some time and they will fix the situation. It's been a day at most they are probably being flooded with emails about this. Or you can tweet Ramone and ask him to check your account and see how many times you abused and how many stubs you got doing it.

Also I'm with Bkrich if you are getting millions of stubs from this you should know something is up. You can't persuade me to say you had no idea how you got that many subs.

Old 06-28-2016, 04:44 PM   #30
MVP

Jason_19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Interesting. To me it's still a tough sell that you'd get banned after a few cancelled transactions. If that's truly what happened then I hope your situation is rectified. Truly I do. From my perspective and I am a cynic, it's hard for me to buy that's how it went down for so many people.

I completely understand. I appreciate the kind and mature words.

I hate the idea of wasting time trying to defend myself online, but my character and integrity is something that I take very seriously. I know how skeptical people are about these things and rightfully so. I also know that a lot of people will automatically assume I'm lying because almost everyone does. That's not me though. Lying is one thing that disappoints and angers me more than just about anything besides acts of violence against other people. I have been put in some awful situations because I won't lie to people. If anything, I just hope that San Diego Studios investigates this further in the hopes of preventing people from being banned like this in the future when they either did nothing wrong or did something that they have no idea of.

Old 06-28-2016, 04:48 PM   #31
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
I completely understand. I appreciate the kind and mature words.

I hate the idea of wasting time trying to defend myself online, but my character and integrity is something that I take very seriously. I know how skeptical people are about these things and rightfully so. I also know that a lot of people will automatically assume I'm lying because almost everyone does. That's not me though. Lying is one thing that disappoints and angers me more than just about anything besides acts of violence against other people. I have been put in some awful situations because I won't lie to people. If anything, I just hope that San Diego Studios investigates this further in the hopes of preventing people from being banned like this in the future when they either did nothing wrong or did something that they have no idea of.

I totally understand. As I said I am a cynic by nature. That said if what you say is true from what I've been told your ban should be short lived. Good luck to you.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2016, 04:50 PM   #32
MVP

Jason_19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Yea if you did this unwillingly (like 1 time) you will get your account back. Just give SDS some time and they will fix the situation. It's been a day at most they are probably being flooded with emails about this. Or you can tweet Ramone and ask him to check your account and see how many times you abused and how many stubs you got doing it.

Also I'm with Bkrich if you are getting millions of stubs from this you should know something is up. You can't persuade me to say you had no idea how you got that many subs.

Oh, they're not all temporary bans? Well, that's great to hear.

I pay very close attention to the amount of stubs I have and I have never noticed any differences except for one time like maybe 4-6 weeks ago where I hadn't been on in a few days and I logged back on had maybe 28,000-40,000 more stubs that I remember having. I think I went from what I thought was like 40,000 or 45,000 stubs to around 70 or 75,000. I thought I just remembered the amount I had incorrectly. Plus, I had some transactions go through during that time so I didn't really think anything of that other than that initial thought of "hmm...I thought I had less that that".

I usually try to keep about 50 or 60,000-100,000 stubs free for buying and selling though so I almost always have something in that area.

Last edited by Jason_19; 06-28-2016 at 04:58 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »