Home

SCEA Bans Many Players for Using Exploits in MLB The Show 16

This is a discussion on SCEA Bans Many Players for Using Exploits in MLB The Show 16 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 10:08 PM   #49
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: SCEA Bans Many Players for Using Exploits in MLB The Show 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
I don't know. I blame players. I don't care if they spent $1000 on the game, cheating and exploiting should be banned for doing it.

By your logic, if I spent $2000 on a new computer at the store, I should be able to steal a 70" LCD TV, a bunch of appliances, and a car stereo for my vehicle that would normally cost me more money.

It does not matter how much people have spent on a game getting stubs or whatever, that doesn't make them excusable for cheating, stealing, or exploiting.

Period.

Yea i never said that at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Youtube
Old 06-28-2016, 10:13 PM   #50
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird5
I love OS but this whole mindset that every person that plays online is a cheeser or willing to exploit is somewhat annoying on here. Believe it or not, people outside of OS are not all scumbags and incompetent.
My online experience says otherwise.
Old 06-28-2016, 10:18 PM   #51
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Well we will see then. Either SDS has wrongfully banned some guys or many of my friends are liars and cheaters.

It seemed like you just countered each of my arguments just to defend SDS on this one and assume thousands of people are lying, even my own friends and people I know. I understand your doubts, trust me. People are crappy and will exploit things but this is just different.

And the fact people spend money on the game does not really give anyone a right to judge or assume. Some people rather spend money than grind. It does not make them crazy.

I love OS but this whole mindset that every person that plays online is a cheeser or willing to exploit is somewhat annoying on here. Believe it or not, people outside of OS are not all scumbags and incompetent.

Anyways we will see what this leads to.

To pin this on SDS, I think the piece that your argument lacks is a motive. What is the motivation for the company to ban a bunch of fine and upstanding people that use the game as intended? What do they gain by banning people who didn't do what is being claimed?

So it boils down to either some/all of them (maybe some are your friends) are doing the exploit despite what they are saying or that SDS has some sort of faulty data/flawed interpretation of the data. I stated that pretty clearly (I think?) and I'm not sure where I called anyone scumbags etc...

I do still think that the microtransaction modes empower, aid, and fuel compulsive behavior. Being compulsive doesn't make someone a scumbag until they get to Pete Rose's level. And there are certainly other ways to act compulsively outside of playing a video game. Hundreds or thousands of dollars is a lot of money to spend on something like this.

Believe me I would be the first to agree with you that OS is no bastion of virtue--I make rosters for OS every year and deal with the [often unfair and misguided] backlash of dissatisfied/non-paying customers every year.
Old 06-28-2016, 10:32 PM   #52
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Everybody here that was banned has contacted SDS, right? From what I gather they haven't replied to emails yet; but I assume you've at least contacted them.
Old 06-28-2016, 10:44 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear

I think people have proven they will "grind" for any amount of stubs no matter how small or large. Although I still really don't understand what the actual exploit is/how it worked, if it was just cancelling an order and getting stubs, this could be done relatively quickly so 100 stubs in a few seconds is not a bad deal at all.

It is a bad deal when you can easily make 10 - 50k a day just by flipping cards legitimately.

That is why this makes no sense. It is painfully easy to make stubs flipping stubs - and it is a relatively passive activity that you can do during a regular gaming session. I cannot see anyone jeopardizing all of their regular market earnings for a few hundred stubs.

I am guessing you will see a number of parties that clearly intentionally exploited the glitch have really large gains which outstrip their normal daily gains.

I am guessing you will see that the majority of those banned will show relatively small, sporadic gains which make up a tiny fraction of their gains. Those people will be high volume traders and given their volume of activity it is easy to take the raw data out of context. 30 glitched transactions (to just use a number) out of thousands of legit ones doesn't scream intentional exploit to me.
Old 06-28-2016, 11:47 PM   #54
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Yea i never said that at all.

So I re-read your original post again and my apologies. You never said what I interpreted it as. So I am sorry.

But, players found an exploit in the system and you know how online gamers are, word gets out FAST, within a few hours. And the way people think, they're like "well it's a loophole in the SDS system so it's not my fault if they're system is exploitable so I'm going to take advantage of it...".

Now, when SDS said well we're banning you guys, people are upset and throwing their hands in the air complaining.

While I don't play sports games online, I've played probably every single MMORPG out there since 1997 when UO came out and when people find exploits, they use them and then blame the company for having glitches in their system. It happens a lot with MMO's.

Then, people get banned and complain about it. So yea I'm not blaming every person that got banned as I'm sure some are innocent, but I bet a lot actually knew what they were doing.

Last edited by extremeskins04; 06-28-2016 at 11:51 PM.
Old 06-29-2016, 12:01 AM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I applaud them. Exploiting the game to gain stubs illegally is stealing. Plain and simple. People pay real money to get stubs as well as flip cards and use the market properly. Here you have a group of players who found a way to exploit the market system to get free stubs.

Theft. Plain and simple.

Good for SCEA for weeding out those that were blatant offenders. Good riddance.
It's SCEA's fault for making an exploitable game. I personally didn't do it, but it's human nature to exploit things. Calling them criminals is hilarious. I think SCEA are criminals for increasing the market tax rate (where people like me spend real money). Stubs are digital currency and they don't cost SCEA anything so for them to tax my transactions is criminal. They have gotten super greedy this year so it's the pot calling the kettle black!

Don't get me wrong, I have been a big advocate of the show since the first PS3 title, but I am extremely disappointed with this years game. It's more than obvious SCEA spent more time finding new ways to make money from in game transactions than on gameplay, which is why I gave them my $ in the first place. This has been by far the buggiest game in the last few years. But that's what happens when your have no competition, they can do what the want and f*&k who ever they want.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2016, 12:08 AM   #56
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandule
It's SCEA's fault for making an exploitable game. I personally didn't do it, but it's human nature to exploit things. Calling them criminals is hilarious. .
In the video game world, you will NEVER win the "it's the company's fault for making an exploitable game" argument. You're about 15-20 years too late bro.

It does not matter if the company has glitches in the game. If you KNOWINGLY exploit them, then you (the player) are at fault and it's stealing.

I know from seeing this kind of thing all the time from games over the years that if you do find a glitch or loophole, you report it, you don't exploit it ..then blame the company for having glitches.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »