Home

Problem with Playoff Roster and Injuries

This is a discussion on Problem with Playoff Roster and Injuries within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-19-2016, 05:34 AM   #1
Who we upset this year?

Clonefan84's Arena

OVR: 21
Problem with Playoff Roster and Injuries

Alright so I have a pretty big problem in my offline franchise. I had both Chris Archer and Steve Pearce get injured for a couple months in early August. I'm now about to start the playoffs, and both of these two players came off the DL in between the last day of the season and the start of my series in the playoffs, but the game will not put them on my team. I have 25 players but it won't let me take anyone off the playoff roster and it won't let me add anyone either. Just keeps saying both Archer and Pearce are on the DL (which they both are not anymore) and I can't do anything. Anyone know how to fix that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2016, 02:56 PM   #2
Pro

ballin095's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Problem with Playoff Roster and Injuries

Have had the same issue in my franchise. I think it's a glitch tbh. Seems like there is nothing you can do
Old 07-19-2016, 04:11 PM   #3
Pro

Had the same issue in MLB 15. I'm in September in my franchise and I'm noticing a lot more bugs too. Since the end of August, ingame stat overlays shows each player hitting .000 for the month, but has the correct HR/RBI totals. Also, I've seen about 5 injuries this month, both on my team and the CPU teams, but all players are healthy and in the lineup the next day. Did not have any issues like this pre-September.
Old 07-19-2016, 05:09 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clonefan84
Alright so I have a pretty big problem in my offline franchise. I had both Chris Archer and Steve Pearce get injured for a couple months in early August. I'm now about to start the playoffs, and both of these two players came off the DL in between the last day of the season and the start of my series in the playoffs, but the game will not put them on my team. I have 25 players but it won't let me take anyone off the playoff roster and it won't let me add anyone either. Just keeps saying both Archer and Pearce are on the DL (which they both are not anymore) and I can't do anything. Anyone know how to fix that?
I think there is something of an issue with the game. The problem is, they came off the DL AFTER the season ended, but before the playoffs.

As a rule of thumb, if you get an injury that happens before rosters expand in September, and that player will be healthy at some point during the playoffs, then take the player off the DL after rosters expand, but BEFORE the season ends. (you still won't be able to play him, but you will have the ability to call up a replacement without using the DL)

If an injury happens AFTER the rosters expand in September, do NOT put the player on the DL, unless the injury will last past the world series. Again, you don't need the roster space created by the DL stint.
Old 07-19-2016, 06:16 PM   #5
Who we upset this year?

Clonefan84's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktd1976
I think there is something of an issue with the game. The problem is, they came off the DL AFTER the season ended, but before the playoffs.

As a rule of thumb, if you get an injury that happens before rosters expand in September, and that player will be healthy at some point during the playoffs, then take the player off the DL after rosters expand, but BEFORE the season ends. (you still won't be able to play him, but you will have the ability to call up a replacement without using the DL)

If an injury happens AFTER the rosters expand in September, do NOT put the player on the DL, unless the injury will last past the world series. Again, you don't need the roster space created by the DL stint.
I'll definitely be doing that in the future, but are you saying that for this season I'm pretty much screwed? I mean I can handle not having Pearce because my lineup is pretty beast but my rotation is not that good even with Archer so....anyway to save him I'm desperate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2016, 05:13 PM   #6
Conservationist

zephyr13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by p00p1
Also, I've seen about 5 injuries this month, both on my team and the CPU teams, but all players are healthy and in the lineup the next day. Did not have any issues like this pre-September.
I'm seeing this in my offline franchise as well...
Old 07-23-2016, 11:45 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

im a week in to september and my roster didnt expand to 40 .. has anyone else had this issue? does it expand later or anything ?

PS - i also had the DL injury playoff bug last year on mlb15 .. had tanaka come off DL but wouldnt be added to roster so i had to deal with only 24 players
Old 07-24-2016, 12:05 AM   #8
MVP

MatrixTN's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by stizzlicious
im a week in to september and my roster didnt expand to 40 .. has anyone else had this issue? does it expand later or anything ?
They will after your minor teams' seasons are done (including playoffs if they make it).

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »