Home

What is the point of rainy games

This is a discussion on What is the point of rainy games within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2016, 11:04 PM   #9
Rookie

mjh91's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: What is the point of rainy games

I hope we eventually get rainouts/double headers. For those who played MVP '05 Baseball...that's how I would want it. A text based alert and then the energy of players is affected after the first game. Not that big of a deal, but it just adds to the realism of running a team and what strategy the player should take.
Old 03-18-2022, 05:18 AM   #10
Just started!

OVR: 0

Wow these rain games just drove me crazy. My player is a 99 ovrl pitcher and I average a 1.6 era and lead the league in basically everything pitching on hall of fame.. my team just got to the playoffs and the first two games I was on the mound were both rain games... i usually throw between 3 hits on average a game.. most 4 to 5.. but apparently in the rain its incredibly easy for hitters to get hits.. I started noticing this as it seems I kept getting rain games with my player and well... My third game on the mound in the playoffs is another DAMN RAIN game and while pitching as consistently as I always do once again I got smoked by the batters just making contact with EVERYTHING. It seems the rain most definitely is harder on the pitcher despite it limiting HR's.. your way more likely to lose a game on a two hit inning than to a single HR. So damn frustrating Im glad I came here and learned I can turn off the rain.. as I am doing now.
Old 03-18-2022, 05:28 AM   #11
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaddeuso122
Wow these rain games just drove me crazy. My player is a 99 ovrl pitcher and I average a 1.6 era and lead the league in basically everything pitching on hall of fame.. my team just got to the playoffs and the first two games I was on the mound were both rain games... i usually throw between 3 hits on average a game.. most 4 to 5.. but apparently in the rain its incredibly easy for hitters to get hits.. I started noticing this as it seems I kept getting rain games with my player and well... My third game on the mound in the playoffs is another DAMN RAIN game and while pitching as consistently as I always do once again I got smoked by the batters just making contact with EVERYTHING. It seems the rain most definitely is harder on the pitcher despite it limiting HR's.. your way more likely to lose a game on a two hit inning than to a single HR. So damn frustrating Im glad I came here and learned I can turn off the rain.. as I am doing now.
Btw just to show the massive difference in numbers here are my averages in regular games versus rain games.
Hits - between 2 to 5 avg .. in rain closer to 5 to 8 avg
Runs - 1.6 ERA .. in rain 4 ERA or higher (last three games plus a few more rain caps right befre the playoffs) averaging 4 runs a game min.
SO - 8 to 12 on avg 8 being a VERY bad game .. in my last rain game I had 3 ... Friggin 3 SO's..ive never thrown less than 6 in a game.
Apologies for the rant just had my player pulled after the 6th in the AL finals for getting rallied on in my 3rd straight rain game and I had to vent somewhere.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2022, 09:32 AM   #12
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

Good point really never thought much about it lol, There really is no point. Not sure if it a simple fix but maybe rain outs and double headers where players get tired and cant play both games would help.
NHL: Philadelphia Flyers
NCAAFOOTBALL: Miami Hurricanes
NCAABASKETBALL: Duke Blue Devils
Old 03-18-2022, 11:53 AM   #13
Rookie

Cold Snap's Arena

This is one of the reasons I roll my 20-sided die before games.

1-4 and 11-14: Clear skies.
5-7 and 15-17: Partly cloudy.
8-9 and 18-19: Overcast.
10 and 20: Rain.

And even then, there are exceptions. Whenever I play in Arizona, I ALWAYS ignore the weather and close the roof. Place be hot, man!
Old 03-19-2022, 06:40 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

I guess the point of rainy games is aesthetical as much as anything else
*shrug*

A Work in Progress
Old 03-19-2022, 06:45 PM   #15
Pro

IndianSummer's Arena

Visual mainly but if you have a delay it can make you have to make a decision on your pitcher. If it’s a 30 minute delay I usually stay with my starter, 45 minutes or more I make a pitching change.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2022, 08:48 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Snap
This is one of the reasons I roll my 20-sided die before games.

1-4 and 11-14: Clear skies.

5-7 and 15-17: Partly cloudy.

8-9 and 18-19: Overcast.

10 and 20: Rain.

And even then, there are exceptions. Whenever I play in Arizona, I ALWAYS ignore the weather and close the roof. Place be hot, man!

Just check the weather for that day at that venue for a previous year and go with that

Probably a little more work though.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »