Home

PS4 Pro Native 4K resolution running at 60 FPS with HDR support?

This is a discussion on PS4 Pro Native 4K resolution running at 60 FPS with HDR support? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2016, 08:31 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: PS4 Pro Native 4K resolution running at 60 FPS with HDR support?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
MLB The Show 16 was released in March so I guess a patch is not guaranteed.

I really do hope we will get a surprise patch for HDR and 4K support.
MLB 16 is not on the official list of supported titles.

So many great first party and exclusive PS4 games are missing, and aren't that old. I'm surprised Shadow of Mordor is being patched before The Show, Bloodborne or Driveclub.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/...s4-pro-launch/

However, there are a fair amount of games I have not finished that will be receiving PS4 Pro modes, such as Ratchet and Clank, Infamous First Light and Tomb Raider 2. It'll be nice to finish them with graphical enhancements.

I'm surprised Sony did not push frame rate-only boosts though. I would take a frame rate boost even if the resolution stayed the same.
Old 11-04-2016, 06:05 AM   #34
Banned

MythicalGnome's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokker
MLB 16 is not on the official list of supported titles.

So many great first party and exclusive PS4 games are missing, and aren't that old. I'm surprised Shadow of Mordor is being patched before The Show, Bloodborne or Driveclub.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/...s4-pro-launch/

However, there are a fair amount of games I have not finished that will be receiving PS4 Pro modes, such as Ratchet and Clank, Infamous First Light and Tomb Raider 2. It'll be nice to finish them with graphical enhancements.

I'm surprised Sony did not push frame rate-only boosts though. I would take a frame rate boost even if the resolution stayed the same.
I don't think some of you understand how hard pushing 30 more frames on average is. You don't just hit 60FPS in one scene and go I'M GOING HOME GUYS THE JOB IS DONE!

You have to hit anywhere from 60-80FPS on average to keep that framerate solid across the game.

The Pro is not an Nvidia 1070 guys. It's a basic AMD 480 or around there with its misc improvements meant only for Sony hardware.

When a game is made to hit 30FPS they never even designed it to run at 60FPS in the first place. For console devs you need to already be in the 45FPS range in the original to have any chance at a 60FPS version.

But they REALLY need to get some temporal AA in Bloodborne. I refuse to play the game knowing that this is easily possible. They will do it I think, it just depends on when.

The Show 16 is old hat. No one cares about it.

Infamous on the other hand is old, but it would be possible to maybe at least make the FPS better since it was unlocked to begin with. IDK. It still takes a lot of work and most of these devs are knee deep on their new games.

And I don't expect 4K native or anything like that on Show 17. I do expect better AA and some damn anisotropic 16x filtering though!

Last edited by MythicalGnome; 11-04-2016 at 06:08 AM.
Old 11-07-2016, 05:31 AM   #35
Rookie

Anybody know if the PS4 Pro will make any improvements to the already released The Show16? Maybe some framerate/smoothness improvements?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2016, 09:27 AM   #36
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shpati
Anybody know if the PS4 Pro will make any improvements to the already released The Show16? Maybe some framerate/smoothness improvements?
None at this time. There has not been a PS4 Pro patch announced for MLB 16. If the game has not been patched or is not slated to be released from here on out, it will run exactly the same on PS4 Pro. We knew this for a while now but Digital Foundry confirmed this in their review today with their definitive tests.

MLB 17, however, will support it 100%. We just don't know how and can only speculate with educated guesses.
Old 11-07-2016, 08:21 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 7

The pro will upscale MLB 16 so at least there is that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-08-2016, 09:36 AM   #38
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3
Thumbs down Re: PS4 Pro Native 4K resolution running at 60 FPS with HDR support?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshtree14
The pro will upscale MLB 16 so at least there is that

It wont upscale it without a patch, no patch its exactly the same as regular PS4.
Old 11-08-2016, 07:27 PM   #39
Rookie

R u sure? I'm playing on a 4K tv and the tv upscales the 1080 image, I can clearly see the difference between my 1080p tv and my 4k

Old 11-08-2016, 07:32 PM   #40
Rookie

Does MLB fall into these categories

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »