Home

Best grass and dirt fields in a video game?

This is a discussion on Best grass and dirt fields in a video game? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2017, 06:59 PM   #49
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Best grass and dirt fields in a video game?

The easiest solution to this issue is implementing "option files" (ala PES). The PS4 is capable of having game mods, so the option file method is probably the only way this will happen until The Show gets a complete graphics overhaul.
Old 01-07-2017, 09:23 PM   #50
Legend

Tommyklaid's Arena

OVR: 20
Thumbs up Re: Best grass and dirt fields in a video game?

I still think The Show '16 has had the best grass/dirt - when you slow it down and zoom in, it's fantastic - I think it doesn't look as "immersive" when it's static...

Yes, the Witcher and BF1 have great looking 'grass', but you don't see grass 'blowing in the wind' in baseball...it's nicely trimmed and sculpted.

At the end of the day, the graphics engine just needs an overall overhaul...and this will not happen until the NEW Playstation 5 (or whatever it's called) is announced in a few years...

Once the next, NEXT gen Sony console hits, SCEA will have a new Graphics engine and things will change. Looking forward to it.
  • MLB The Show 24 - PS5
  • The Elder Scrolls V: SKYRIM - XBOX SERIES X
Old 01-09-2017, 11:26 AM   #51
Banned

MythicalGnome's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyklaid
I still think The Show '16 has had the best grass/dirt - when you slow it down and zoom in, it's fantastic - I think it doesn't look as "immersive" when it's static...

Yes, the Witcher and BF1 have great looking 'grass', but you don't see grass 'blowing in the wind' in baseball...it's nicely trimmed and sculpted.

At the end of the day, the graphics engine just needs an overall overhaul...and this will not happen until the NEW Playstation 5 (or whatever it's called) is announced in a few years...

Once the next, NEXT gen Sony console hits, SCEA will have a new Graphics engine and things will change. Looking forward to it.
Again, this post is ridiculous. I'm sorry, but it is. Not only does this game not even have close to the best grass and dirt in gaming, the team hasn't gotten close to tapping the power of the PS4 consoles.

You have a PS4 Pro out right now which is equivalent to a mid-end GPU in the PC space. Meaning excellent and way above anything most consoles have done.

Not only that the OG PS4 is capable of rendering games like Uncharted 4, which is a game two generations beyond anything The Show is even attempting in the technical space.

So yeah. No one is waiting until 2020 for a graphical overhaul lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2017, 11:49 AM   #52
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MythicalGnome
Again, this post is ridiculous. I'm sorry, but it is. Not only does this game not even have close to the best grass and dirt in gaming, the team hasn't gotten close to tapping the power of the PS4 consoles.

You have a PS4 Pro out right now which is equivalent to a mid-end GPU in the PC space. Meaning excellent and way above anything most consoles have done.

Not only that the OG PS4 is capable of rendering games like Uncharted 4, which is a game two generations beyond anything The Show is even attempting in the technical space.

First of all you or anyone else should never call somebody else's opinion ridiculous. That's not nice and we all should have a right to our own opinions

Now in my opinion even though I shouldn't I will give them a pass on the very sub par grass and dirt on the "standard" PS4 but now with the more powerful PS4 "Pro" sorry but no more free passes. It will be a huge let down and disappointment if the grass and dirt continues to look basically the same on the PS4 Pro. Several games are already looking stunning on the PS4 Pro mainly thanks to HDR and 4K. So how can us gamers not be extremely disappointed if MLB The Show continues to use what basically looks like "PS3" grass and dirt on the way more powerful PS4 Pro? And you really could say the samething about the player models too. I do have some hope if not for 17 or 18 but definitely MLB The Show 19 we will finally see a very nice acceptable visual improvement to grass and dirt and even player models.

In my opinion the main 2 graphical elements that are keeping MLB The Show from having that New fresh "Next Gen" kind of look is the grass and dirt and player models. Once they both get major upgrades it's party time

Having said that I do still think MLB The Show 16 is the best looking baseball game ever created! But I just think with the more powerful PS4 Pro console it can look way better. Or perhaps I am completely wrong and have no idea what I am talking about.

Last edited by tnixen; 01-10-2017 at 03:29 PM.
Old 01-09-2017, 12:17 PM   #53
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MythicalGnome

Enough is enough. Between calling the Devs lazy and attacking/insulting anyone with a different opinion you are out of chances. I have honestly given you more leeway than you should have gotten, so we are done. Its time for a little vacation from OS.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 01-10-2017, 01:08 PM   #54
Rookie

baby_bull_20's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
What is this from? The billboards are fabulous.

Pretty sure it's a modded MLB 2K12/13

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »