Home

MLB The Show 17 one of the biggest updates in the series?

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 one of the biggest updates in the series? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2017, 10:13 PM   #17
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: MLB The Show 17 one of the biggest updates in the series?

I really hope I don't miss out on potential PS4 Pro only improvements, such as frame rate and graphical features. No plans right now to get a Pro.

But at the same time I get why this might happen.
Old 01-18-2017, 09:49 AM   #18
All Star

OVR: 2

The improved ball physics is HUGE for me. I'm pretty happy with how the rest of the game plays. The only other big thing I'd like to see addressed is online franchise. I don't even care if it's bare bones just please give me one that works and has basic stat tracking. That's all my friends and I need. Obviously something like Maddens CFM would be ideal but I'm trying not to get my hopes up. Also an expansion on what they started with conquest so it's not so repetitive would be cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-18-2017, 05:23 PM   #19
Banned

SchwarBear12's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
We've revealed all of them already.

K... sorry for the confusion. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 01-18-2017, 05:37 PM   #20
Banned

SchwarBear12's Arena

Can anyone clarify for me what Ramone is saying in the Rewind trailer at the 2:24 mark?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw3MMfpxAZ4

That's where my confusion on the classic stadiums originated from. What's he saying here on the "2 more we haven't announced yet" line, after describing the inclusion of Old Yankee Stadium.
Old 01-18-2017, 06:48 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 24

I hope so. This game needs some renovation at its core, especially with the ball physics.

It sounds like they've made some major improvements to ball physics, but they've also said that in previous years, too. So we shall see. I look forward to more information, and the actual game.

But ball physics is definitely at the top of my list. I won't be buying another game if that game still features excessive hangtime on fly balls and hits, 30 pop-ups and dribblers per game, etc...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2017, 07:05 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 7

i'm a single player vs the computer offline franchise only player, so for me it would be the ability to turn off every help aid, icon, notification (i.e. xp notifications, defensive shift notification, base running notifications (i.e. tag up), base running diamond, manager tips, etc.)...pretty much everything but the scorebug.

the above + auto base running + auto fielding/manual throwing + classic pitching with no icons + offense/defense using BTP camera = tv style broadcast baseball gameplay heaven...

wow, so close already...just a few more tweeks
Old 01-18-2017, 07:31 PM   #23
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchwarBear12
Can anyone clarify for me what Ramone is saying in the Rewind trailer at the 2:24 mark?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw3MMfpxAZ4

That's where my confusion on the classic stadiums originated from. What's he saying here on the "2 more we haven't announced yet" line, after describing the inclusion of Old Yankee Stadium.

Well we haven't "officially" announced the other 2, however they are clearly visible in the background if you look. We've been teasing and leaving hints of things for over a year now just carrying on the trend of leaving little nuggets of info in our content.
Old 01-18-2017, 08:53 PM   #24
Rookie

I'm in the, I'm getting the game regardless bucket. I'm an Aussie so I didn't really know much about baseball until I started playing this game back in 2015. I love cricket so I and many other Australians have a love of hitting a small ball with a bat. It really is hard to describe the joy one gets form such a simple (although I'm terrible at the game) pastime, I reckon you all know what I mean. As I said I am terrible at batting but I like that, I'm still on rookie plus and can't hit for s@@t, which is a great challenge, it's the only game I can get this from. So I'm looking forward to the new release no matter what new features they have included.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »