Home

Franchise plans

This is a discussion on Franchise plans within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2017, 11:28 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Franchise plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
(I'll only be the Dbacks if the red/black alternates make it in. I know at least one of them will be in for sure).
How do you know this? If they haven't changed the uniform slot system then for this to happen they'd have to remove at least one of the home and road teal trimmed alternates and I don't think they're gonna do that especially with those uniforms being so popular.
Old 01-22-2017, 11:54 PM   #10
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet1929
How do you know this? If they haven't changed the uniform slot system then for this to happen they'd have to remove at least one of the home and road teal trimmed alternates and I don't think they're gonna do that especially with those uniforms being so popular.
One of the red alternates is a spring training top. The new spring training unis will be in 17. They weren't in 16 due to being released late. That's how I know.
Old 01-23-2017, 12:27 AM   #11
Did I do that???

mrCPUgeek's Arena

I honestly haven't decided just yet. I think it will depend on a few things when 17 features are released as to how I do my season this year. And which team I pick. I may just continue my current franchise in 17.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2017, 08:58 AM   #12
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

For me The Show has always been a fun "What if?" machine, so I never follow real life or even attempt to. Creating a team with my own vision and direction, and even drafting and developing my own unique players is really cool to me, and in my opinion much more in line with simulating the managing experience (having to make my own decisions).

Year to year saves have made the experience so much better. Before there was little to no value in prospects, since I could only ever make it through a few seasons before a new version of the Show that I wanted came out. Now with year to year saves, guys I'm developing will be important to me years from now. That long value is really cool to me. I'm not going to let a little thing like reality get in the way of that fun.
Old 01-23-2017, 09:11 AM   #13
Pro

rkocjay's Arena

I am maybe 80% sure that I will continue my Yankees franchise where am in my second season. I am mainly waiting to see what is added to franchise mode like most of us are. It does feel good to have an option to continue a franchise on the next installment of a game

Sent from my A0001 using Operation Sports mobile app

U mad Bro!!
Old 01-23-2017, 09:15 AM   #14
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

I'm not really a fan of using a team that is too good, if you know what I mean, I prefer to have to rebuild/grow my own team rather than just dominate with a great team from the start. It's still a bit early to say who I'll use until all the rosters get sorted as the two teams I most had my eye on haven't gone the way I want/expected (Rays and Rockies).

The obvious choices look like San Diego or the Phillies, who both have no outlay at all and a ton of prospects, but we'll see. I enjoyed using the Angels this year and they need a lot of work, so I might give them another go next year and go milestone hunting with Pujols and Trout again.

One thing I'm definitely going to do differently is be less trade and young free agent happy because it does always end up with my team getting too good, too quickly. Hopefully the AI and drafting has improved this year to make this less of an issue (the draft at the moment gives far too many good prospects that don't get signed and too many MLB ready players, so a horde of good prospects/MLB ready free agents are available at the end of year 1 to instantly make a great farm system)
Old 01-23-2017, 09:27 AM   #15
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

I feel like this is a stupid question, but will Suntrust Park be in the game this year?

This will basically determine whether I roll with the Braves or Yankees...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2017, 09:47 AM   #16
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
I feel like this is a stupid question, but will Suntrust Park be in the game this year?

This will basically determine whether I roll with the Braves or Yankees...
Yes, and Turner Field will be in as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »