Home

MLB The Show 17 Video - The Little Things: Part 2

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Video - The Little Things: Part 2 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2017, 03:39 PM   #41
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: MLB The Show 17 Video - The Little Things: Part 2

This should be a throwback card in the show

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2017, 03:42 PM   #42
Banned

SchwarBear12's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
i am happy about this as well. But unless I am misunderstanding how they are doing sets, it is only one more than what we have now and not every team gets the extra set? I did hear him say 11 teams have 11 sets right? Because they all have 10 now, again unless I am misunderstanding.

I will clarify I am excited for whatever we get, just trying to figure out extactly what we are getting here.

He misspoke on the number, but basically in a nutshell all he's saying is ALL uniforms that are in the Style Guide -- are now in The Show.

So just like in real life, some teams will have more uniform slots than others. Like the Pirates & Royals & Rays, all of which were shown, have multiple alternate slots to accompany the Pirates black, gold & camo jerseys. The Royals gold font white, royal blue & powder blue jerseys. The Rays powder blue, navy blue & fauxback jerseys.

D'Backs & Padres will have all their jerseys as well. A team, like say the Cubs, won't have expanded slots, because they only have three jerseys. Home, Road & Alternate. That's it.

The better question I have is for teams like the Yankees & Tigers. Two teams which in years past had a Alternate Uniform slot, but didn't have an alternate. My hope is that The Show dev's put the Yankees & Tigers Spring Training jerseys in those slots, so they'll have an alternate. In years past I used the BP jersey.

If the ST jerseys are not in those slots for teams like the Yankees & Tigers, the better question is -- are the ST jerseys even in the Style Guide? Ramone has said a few times, ALL jerseys in the Style Guide are in the game this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Give us those Expos unis for the Nationals!!! Pretty please?

Hope MLB licensing allows it!

MLB licensing allows it. RBI Baseball has Expos throwbacks on the Nats every year.

The Expos uniform license is held by the Major League Baseball Hall of Fame I believe. So I don't understand if every year they credit the license for this stuff & legends from the MLB HOF & MLB Alumni Association (the legends union), why the Expos jerseys aren't there.

Unfortunately with all the work done for alternates this year, it looks like Throwbacks were completely ignorned. Same ones since like MLB12/MLB13.

Hopefully the Nationals were the exception... but I doubt it. I just don't understand why RBI has it, but not The Show. Especially now with Retro Mode in the game...
Old 02-22-2017, 03:47 PM   #43
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6
MLB The Show 17 Video - The Little Things: Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moss44
It might just be me but I feel like the Pirates black is still a little too light on the first alternate jerseys. Hopefully this was fixed already since this is an outdated build.

The hat and socks look good and then the shirt looks like it's been washed a 1000 times!
Old 02-22-2017, 04:06 PM   #44
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchwarBear12

If the ST jerseys are not in those slots for teams like the Yankees & Tigers, the better question is -- are the ST jerseys even in the Style Guide? Ramone has said a few times, ALL jerseys in the Style Guide are in the game this year.
The issue here is they have always had the BP jerseys in. So instead of just adding the ST jerseys, they chose to just put in the warm ups. If this is the case its a bad decision. I'm sure the ST uniforms are in the style guide. Keep in mind, Russell said they tried to get all the jerseys in the style guide in the game, he never said all of the jerseys in the style guide made it in.

Last edited by dran1984; 02-22-2017 at 04:24 PM.
Old 02-22-2017, 04:39 PM   #45
Developer

Woodweaver's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoiaNY
I love everything in the video. But I remember when "the little things" had a different meaning. Regardless though, I can't wait. Looks like a crap ton of hard work when into this years game especially.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2017, 04:42 PM   #46
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
The issue here is they have always had the BP jerseys in. So instead of just adding the ST jerseys, they chose to just put in the warm ups. If this is the case its a bad decision. I'm sure the ST uniforms are in the style guide. Keep in mind, Russell said they tried to get all the jerseys in the style guide in the game, he never said all of the jerseys in the style guide made it in.
Those ST jerseys change every year and get released right before ST. There isn't no where near enough time for them to be included in the game.
Old 02-22-2017, 04:44 PM   #47
Developer

Woodweaver's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchitectsMetalcore
As someone already said, that Griffey commentary is hilariously tacked on like the mode itself.
I know. It's primitive...it's old school...It's almost...

Retro!

Old 02-22-2017, 05:12 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 0

The suspense is killing me ha. No confirmation on if that Pirates alternate was adjusted, not even a like. Throw us a bone and give us a hint.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »