Home

MLB The Show 17 Adds MLB Network with Harold Reynolds, Dan Plesac & Matt Vasgersian

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Adds MLB Network with Harold Reynolds, Dan Plesac & Matt Vasgersian within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2017, 06:07 PM   #97
MVP

grgmths1433's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: MLB The Show 17 Adds MLB Network with Harold Reynolds, Dan Plesac & Matt Vasgersi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I'm the opposite. I was on the fence and leaning towards getting the game, but now I'm definitely not getting it now that Harold Reynolds is in the booth.

Even if I mute him, I won't be able to get around the fact that one of the worst color commentators in all of baseball was selected to be put in the only MLB video game on the market. Guy was taken off the World Series broadcasts for a reason. He's that bad.

Just a tremendously poor decision.

See you guys in a few years when Harold is out and someone else is in!

Man I hope you are kidding! You can't let one guy stop you from getting the best baseball game on the market.

MLB- Milwaukee Brewers
NFL- Green Bay Packers
NBA- Milwaukee Bucks
Old 02-27-2017, 06:08 PM   #98
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: MLB The Show 17 Adds MLB Network with Harold Reynolds, Dan Plesac & Matt Vasgersi

Quote:
I'm the opposite. I was on the fence and leaning towards getting the game, but now I'm definitely not getting it now that Harold Reynolds is in the booth.

Even if I mute him, I won't be able to get around the fact that one of the worst color commentators in all of baseball was selected to be put in the only MLB video game on the market. Guy was taken off the World Series broadcasts for a reason. He's that bad.

That's one of the silliest reasons I've heard to not get MLB the show.
Old 02-27-2017, 06:24 PM   #99
Pro

AirJordanFan93's Arena

OVR: 3

Awesome. Really love when sport games add authentic broadcast packages. One of the biggest strengths to me about NHL is that it uses the full on NBC Sports broadcast overlay.
Old 02-27-2017, 06:26 PM   #100
Rookie

Jon Arbuckle's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

Wow, I could see boycotting a game if they hired an avowed racist or something but this seems like a bit of an overreaction.

I haven't listened to the color guys on The Show for several years now and honestly only remember they're involved in the game when their faces pop up or Vasgersian addresses a question to someone who's supposed to be in the booth. Just think of Reynolds as another gimmicky feature you choose to ignore/turn off.
Old 02-27-2017, 06:35 PM   #101
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Well. The presentation itself looks great. But man. They picked the two guys I dislike the most from MLB network lol. Having 2015 flashbacks in regards to Reynolds poor commentary, and Plesac is a spazz. I was really hoping for some John Smoltz. Oh well. Glad everyone else is excited about it. The game will be great and I look forward to it regardless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2017, 06:37 PM   #102
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

I was all set with MLB16 as my baseball game for a few years. Set. Then y'all go off and do this. Ok, MLB17 is it for real...
Old 02-27-2017, 06:46 PM   #103
ShowTime!

NAFBUC's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:

See ya.....

I do not have a problem with Harold, plus he is reading off a script, not doing a live World Series game.

Also you have two other themes to pick from besides the MLB Network.
Old 02-27-2017, 06:54 PM   #104
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

One thing I caught in the video that seems a bit wrong (or at least confusing):

Kirby says the Showtrack thing is unique to the MLB Network experience. You could say that sounds like it's only going to be used when the MLB Network theme is selected. That's probably not the case, as we saw in the very first trailer this year with Jason Heyward (:42 of the video) :

Spoiler

Hoping I'm right on this as it'd be a shame to be missing such a cool feature in the other two themes. I love Statcast use on the real MLB Network/website and am thrilled to see it enter the virtual realm.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »