Home

MLB The Show 17 Adds MLB Network with Harold Reynolds, Dan Plesac & Matt Vasgersian

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Adds MLB Network with Harold Reynolds, Dan Plesac & Matt Vasgersian within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2017, 12:33 PM   #57
Pro

breakfastcat's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 17 Adds MLB Network with Harold Reynolds, Dan Plesac & Matt Vasgersi

Very happy about MLB Network integration and Statcast(Showtrack) is one of the things I really wanted in this game, and it looks amazing. Hopefully they recorded all the guys together to get a more natural flow when it comes to conversations. Because if the commentary sounds natural going forward, SDS will have pretty much addressed every issue with the lacking presentation over years in one fell swoop.

And like someone said earlier, hopefully you can assign music to the different generic broadcast themes. I don't want to have to assign music to specific teams and have it override the MLBN music, but I'm also absolutely sick of hearing the Show broadcast music that hasn't changed in probably 10 years. Unless of course they changed that too, in which case I'm beyond satisfied.
Old 02-27-2017, 12:39 PM   #58
Rookie

CoiaNY's Arena

Re: MLB The Show 17 Adds MLB Network with Harold Reynolds, Dan Plesac & Matt Vasgersi

Awesome. This is something The Show desperately needed. Like others have said, it looks clean af. Well done SDS. Im really excited for Reynolds and Plesac, while some may not like one or the other, they really add a depth of authenticity. Excited!
Old 02-27-2017, 12:41 PM   #59
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgbleu1986
I'm torn on the new announcers. Love Plesac but can't stand Reynolds. Anyone who says Canadian's can't catch foul balls on TV really shouldn't be an announcer. Not to mention his voice is quite annoying. Too bad Dan Shulman works for ESPN and not MLB because he would have been an amazing addition.
Actually, I find Harold Reynolds' vendetta against Canadians to be a redeeming quality.

Spoiler
Old 02-27-2017, 12:43 PM   #60
Pro

dazzelle's Arena

Happy to have some fresh voices in the game

I know kirby said the showtrack stuff was unique to mlb network but hope it is still available with the other themes in the game.

I have always wished those little facts like "3 time allstar" ect that are shown during play now games would be shown during franchise games. Doesn't need to be every game but would be nice to be reminded of a few things a player has achieved.
Old 02-27-2017, 12:44 PM   #61
MVP

OVR: 2

I am normally not someone who would say "you have to buy this game". But this really does look like the year that we have to buy this game. The improvements made to the game simply cannot be ignored.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2017, 12:53 PM   #62
Rookie

Exellent news. Was hoping for Harold Reynolds 😁 I like plesac to. One thing I did notice towards the end of that video, when it showed a cut scene of that guy in the dugout the guy behind him was facing the wrong way and his hands were going through the wall claping.
Old 02-27-2017, 01:00 PM   #63
Rookie

I just hope that it sounds like they are in the stadium booth and not a recording booth. That's the one thing 2k baseball got right, their team sounded like they were at the stadium.
Old 02-27-2017, 01:30 PM   #64
Rookie

masterchaoss's Arena

i take the gameplay in this game stop Monday was taken from an earlier build because those blue dodgers jerseys should have red numbers and a name on the back, i know at least the former was in there in the little things stream.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »