Home

Manage only mode

This is a discussion on Manage only mode within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2017, 10:19 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Manage only mode

So far I've played 8 games. 5 of 8 games my team had 4 hits or fewer including a no hitter. I took a screenshot but don't know how to post it.

Since this mode gets so little attention from the devs I figure the best way to get it fixed is if it is impacting rtts users.
Old 03-31-2017, 10:58 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
So far I've played 8 games. 5 of 8 games my team had 4 hits or fewer including a no hitter. I took a screenshot but don't know how to post it.
Questions:

1) Are you using the default sliders? or modified sliders?
2) What team are you controlling?

Without a doubt some of my MoM impressions are influenced by the team I play with. I control the Rockies and this team has a potent offense, an above average defense, below average starting pitching and probably average relievers. So I am likely to see more offense than others (and I have not even played a MLB 17 game at Coors Field yet). But you should still be seeing some sort of increased offense in your games if you use Nomo's or my sliders (which are derived from Nomo's recommendations). Plus the CPU vs CPU results I am seeing so far are mixed (as they should be). I am still seeing some low scoring games. But I am also seeing high scoring games and everything in between.

Quote:
Since this mode gets so little attention from the devs I figure the best way to get it fixed is if it is impacting rtts users.
Yeah over the years MoM has probably seen the least amount of attention. But I have seen some really nice improvements from where MoM game play was at two three years ago and I assume we have to thank Woodweaver for that (assuming it was Woodweaver who has worked on the MoM code changes). One thing with this year, access to MoM games is no longer hidden. It's right there on the same screen as the other other three game modes. So more people will find their way into a MoM game (whether or not they like it will be up to them).

MoM game play is not perfect. But I am really enjoying MLB 17 so far.
Old 04-02-2017, 02:13 PM   #35
Rookie

pulseox's Arena

OVR: 1
Question Re: Manage only mode

I have been a MoM player since I started. I love the improvements made this year, especially in the interface. I have noticed though that the annoying bug with the Bullpen not giving you the option to change Pitchers seems to not be fixed. I pulled my pitcher for a Pinch Hitter and when the inning ended I get a "You have a Pos. zPlayer on the mound" notification...but when I go to my warmed up reliever...there is no option to put him in the game? The other question I have is- Is it possible to play MoM in a Diamond Dynasty game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2017, 03:12 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulseox
I have been a MoM player since I started. I love the improvements made this year, especially in the interface. I have noticed though that the annoying bug with the Bullpen not giving you the option to change Pitchers seems to not be fixed. I pulled my pitcher for a Pinch Hitter and when the inning ended I get a "You have a Pos. zPlayer on the mound" notification...but when I go to my warmed up reliever...there is no option to put him in the game?
If you are referring to the "Scheduled to pitch" being ignored after a pinch hitter has hit in the next half inning, yeah it's a little annoying. But I don't see it as a high priority bug. There is nothing preventing you from being able to insert a new pitcher after a pinch hitter has hit. If you ignore the "You have a Pos. player on the mound" notification, well you are forced to throw at least one pitch with the position player and you better hope the opposition does not do any real damage. But it's the manager's fault if they leave the position player out there on the mound.

Is MoM game play perfect? Heck no. But I am loving MoM in MLB 17. It's the best I've ever seen it since I started playing the game in MLB 12. There were numerous subtle changes to how the mode plays between this year and the previous years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulseox
Is it possible to play MoM in a Diamond Dynasty game?
No ... probably years before we ever see online MoM game play and judging on the difficulties of online play again this year, I doubt SDS would dedicate any dev resources towards making it happen. I would however like to see MoM game play support two controllers, just as I'd love to see MoM in playoff and exhibition games.

Last edited by My993C2; 04-02-2017 at 03:16 PM.
Old 04-05-2017, 09:41 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 3

Would be very interested in any updates in manage only mode. I'm playing 2016, and it took a long time to get sliders in mom to be realistic enough to have an enjoyable experience. Please give some manage only updates.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:53 AM   #38
Rookie

Ranger Fan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumorman
Would be very interested in any updates in manage only mode. I'm playing 2016, and it took a long time to get sliders in mom to be realistic enough to have an enjoyable experience. Please give some manage only updates.
Well first of all don't listen to the people who trash this mode, because it isn't broke. With the proper sliders it is the most authentic mode in any sports game. Iv'e been playing this mode for 11 years now and if you will use Nomo's sliders you will get great results. There are a few people on here that just never are pleased. Take my advice and I'm sure several others. Use the right sliders and it will be very satisfying for your gaming experience. Nomo is a great resource, he does so much research that SCEA should hire this guy to work for them. TNK also has some great sliders that play out on MOM very well
Old 04-05-2017, 11:56 AM   #39
Rookie

Ranger Fan's Arena

Quote:

Use a better team or adjust sliders. I haven't seen any of this. In fact with the sliders from last year I had a 13-12 shoot out. I use Nomo or TNK. If you just want to stick with default then live with the results. If we want this mode to continue then we need less people saying its broke hen it isn't
Old 04-05-2017, 12:17 PM   #40
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Fan
Well first of all don't listen to the people who trash this mode, because it isn't broke. With the proper sliders it is the most authentic mode in any sports game. Iv'e been playing this mode for 11 years now and if you will use Nomo's sliders you will get great results. There are a few people on here that just never are pleased. Take my advice and I'm sure several others. Use the right sliders and it will be very satisfying for your gaming experience. Nomo is a great resource, he does so much research that SCEA should hire this guy to work for them. TNK also has some great sliders that play out on MOM very well

Completly agree this mode is not broken!QC is nerfed at this point but on normal you can get great results!Nomo or Tnks are good.I'm currently testing my own and getting good results Now if you insist on default then you live with result,that's what sliders are for.Really how many games play perfect right out of the box?Few if any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Warriors
Sharks

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »