Home

Digital copy vs Hard Copy

This is a discussion on Digital copy vs Hard Copy within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2017, 04:45 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Digital copy vs Hard Copy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger21
Why would PSN randomly block your MAC address unless you've been banned for doing something?
I don't mean to get too off topic. It's not the MAC address they ban but your IP. I haven't done anything shady trust me lol. It's been a big problem for Sony and there's even a change.org petition out there. If you google the error code many people have had it happen. Many believe it's due to Sony getting DDOS in the past and their security defenses being too strong.

My point is if I get the error (eventually fix it) would the interrupted pre-download just continue where it left off no problem? The error has happened a few times after something is installed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2017, 04:55 PM   #66
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
You are seriously confused, you cannot manually change any MAC address. Unless you're a hacker and know a back door to spoof a MAC address, which if that's what you've done, is probably why PSN has you banned, LOL
LOL not a hacker. And you can actually change the router mac address which changes the IP and fixes this issue I'm talking about.
Old 03-22-2017, 05:04 PM   #67
Rookie

AntDogs24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet1929
How many games generally fit on a system with digital downloads? I'd do digital downloads all day if I wasn't so concerned about wasting hard drive space.

i have a 2TB drive and i have like 100 something games saved and maybe 30 Full Games... and i have 530 gb left..

i didnt really play MLB 16.. maybe skip and go for this
Old 03-22-2017, 05:09 PM   #68
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntDogs24
i have a 2TB drive and i have like 100 something games saved and maybe 30 Full Games... and i have 530 gb left..

i didnt really play MLB 16.. maybe skip and go for this
Is that external hard-drive update or is that one of those ones where you could install yourself pre-update?
Old 03-22-2017, 07:01 PM   #69
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxsabres2714
LOL not a hacker. And you can actually change the router mac address which changes the IP and fixes this issue I'm talking about.
Sony bans by IP, not MAC. If they did ban by MAC it'd be the PS4 console MAC, not your routers MAC. That is the device that registers when you connect to the network, just like Xbox Live.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »