Home

Explain to me why the following players don't face scans for 17?

This is a discussion on Explain to me why the following players don't face scans for 17? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2017, 11:12 PM   #41
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Explain to me why the following players don't face scans for 17?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmascarello
Just a guess, but I have to assume thier is money involved. Its possible with all of the additional revenue Sony San Diego has generated from DD, they came to the conclusion it was worth paying Trout's price.

I could be way off, maybe players can't even charge for face scans. It would just make sense with the timing of it happening after a huge cash flow year with MLB the Show 16.

This is also why Franchise players like myself and gamers that love other modes should be hapoy with the success of DD. Its only going to give them more resources to make the game better moving forward. And they have already proved they have the work ethic and drive to take advantage of their growing profit margins. The future of the Show looks very bright.
There is no money involved. It is strictly voluntary on the player's part to get a scan.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2017, 11:14 PM   #42
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandmac
So you prioritize uniforms and equipment builds over actually having the player faces accurate? As the OP said, several of these players have been in the league for years and are MLB All Star players...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandmac
A team of eight or not, there should be no chance some random shin guard or 3rd alternate BP jersey takes priority over building an accurate face for an MLB All Star in this game.

C'mon how many other manufacturers can charge us $60.00 to purchase their product and then claim low staff numbers when the product's accuracy or effectiveness is called into question?
You're not looking at the big picture.

What if I am playing RTTS? I'm not going to see Trout's face in game but I will care about all of the equipment I can put on my player to make him stand out to me.

What about franchise mode? Trout could be traded, retire or me be 20+ years into the franchise...his face scan wouldn't be nearly important to me when compared to the jerseys I'd be seeing on the field every game I play.

I'd rather have multiple equipment options (let's round off and say 40 total possibilities) x 6-7 jerseys x 25 guys x 162 games versus the face scan of one player be in the game.

SCEA's math lines up in my book and to be frank, there's not to many times I can say that their logic is flawed in how they've prioritized what went into the development cycle.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.

Last edited by Speedy; 03-27-2017 at 11:18 PM.
Old 03-28-2017, 10:23 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by berenjena
Todd Frazier - this one is blowing my mind.
But I just want a simple explanation as for why Todd Frazier still has a generic white face when he debuted in 2011.
Because you can't just go up to someone, demand that they put the mo-cap on (whatever they use to scan the faces), force it onto them if they say no?
Old 03-28-2017, 12:10 PM   #44
MVP

BL8001's Arena

If we could just edit the faces...
Old 03-30-2017, 02:27 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
The character team is 8 people there are 30 teams in the leagues. Not only do they have to convert the face scan into a file that the game can use they have uniform corrections to deal with and they have to build all the equipment. It's simple math.
Ramone, I will gladly come work there for free. I love this game, I'm and artist that specializes in faces, I'd be great at mo-capping stances and deliveries.
I'm dead serious. Not that you guys aren't great at it, but it's been my dream to work there in that capacity. Not only will I do it for free (at least until i prove my worth) but I'd pay you guys for opportunity.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2017, 02:32 PM   #46
Rookie

ItAllFades's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001
If we could just edit the faces...
Pretty sure you can't edit a face scan, since it's...a scan. It wouldn't morph correctly.
Old 03-30-2017, 02:39 PM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItAllFades
Pretty sure you can't edit a face scan, since it's...a scan. It wouldn't morph correctly.
He's referring to the players that don't have face scans (Abreu, Frazier, etc.).
Old 03-23-2019, 08:43 PM   #48
Pro

OVR: 5

The Todd Father finally has a video game face scan!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »