Home

MLB 17 Trade Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 17 Trade Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2017, 02:15 AM   #25
Pro

legacyme3's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MLB 17 Trade Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qdiddy
Yea he was really good in his prime but I seen this coming and why I was skeptical when they got him, speed guys don't age well, part of reason I want to see them move Gardener also and let those kids we have in the farm do their thing

Side note: here's to hoping we get some classic Yanks- sox matchups this year like the good old days

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I can definitely drink to that. I miss when Red Sox-Yankees games were can't miss affairs, and there was drama behind every pitch.

Now, the most "real" rivalry I think we have is with the Rays, and that's just disappointing for so many reasons to me. I don't like games played between the two, and often look to see if Syndergaard is pitching for the Mets, or something on the same day. Just don't think the Rays are entertaining to watch, unlike old Yankees teams we would feud with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2017, 02:19 AM   #26
Rookie

SoxSoxSox's Arena

OVR: 0

I think right now our biggest rivalry in terms of the games meaning more is Baltimore. Both teams are contenders right now, and they're surely still ticked that Mookie owned them last season.

Also Toronto. But I still get up for Yankees games, idc if we're 50 games ahead of them.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:22 AM   #27
Rookie

As the Sox I am looking to get rid of Drew Pomeranz and Stephen Wright. Both were all-stars last year, and have a couple years of control left. I'm thinking both would absolutely flourish in the NL. I'm looking for a left handed hitter, and I'm thinking Joey Votto. I know he's really good (93 on the game or something) but the terrible Reds owe him A TON of money, for a lot of years and he isn't young. I'm thinking two all star pitchers that are cheap with a couple years of control is a good starting point. Thoughts?
Old 03-28-2017, 08:24 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HartmanTeets6
As the Sox I am looking to get rid of Drew Pomeranz and Stephen Wright. Both were all-stars last year, and have a couple years of control left. I'm thinking both would absolutely flourish in the NL. I'm looking for a left handed hitter, and I'm thinking Joey Votto. I know he's really good (93 on the game or something) but the terrible Reds owe him A TON of money, for a lot of years and he isn't young. I'm thinking two all star pitchers that are cheap with a couple years of control is a good starting point. Thoughts?
They need young studs for votto. Not two aging pitching castoffs that you dont want. Plus irl, votto said he wont waive his ntc. Maybe Sam White + Groome would be a good start

Last edited by kenp86; 03-28-2017 at 08:32 AM.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:34 AM   #29
Just started!

Billy Hamilton in CF for the Cubs!
Old 03-28-2017, 09:27 AM   #30
Rookie

What would be a realistic deal for Joey Votto. He can't be satisfied in Cincy and I believe he should have been moved in the offseason after the year he had. To rebuild the Reds, this is a MUST
Old 03-28-2017, 09:37 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhicks42
What would be a realistic deal for Joey Votto. He can't be satisfied in Cincy and I believe he should have been moved in the offseason after the year he had. To rebuild the Reds, this is a MUST
Hes saud he doesn't wanna play anywhere else and wont waive his ntc. But if u wanted to, id say 2 a prospects maybe 1 a and 2 high b prospects would be the low end
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2017, 09:53 AM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Looking to trade Jason Heyward. I would consider any of the following:

Bucket of baseballs.
12-pack of Bud Light
A box of Cracker Jack
Tim Tebow
I'd rather dump Heyward anyway possible than have to trade a young player or prospect that is blocked (Happ, Schwarber, Jimenez (Heyward's deal is 7 more years afterall), etc).

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »