Home

MLB 17 Trade Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 17 Trade Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2017, 07:59 PM   #401
Rookie

Buehrle56's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 17 Trade Discussion Thread

So i'm thinking of doin these trades, yall wanna tell me if they seem good. (I do 30 Team control)

Starlin Castro to San Diego for P Jacob Nix & SS Jose Rondon
Ryan Braun to LAD for Trayce Thompson/Andrew Toles, Austin Barnes, Walker Buehler
(In a Royals sell situation) Mike Moustakas to STL for Luke Weaver & Paul Dejong
David Robertson to ARI for Yasmany Tomas
Sean Doolittle to PIT for OF Jose Osuna, SP Nick Kingman, 2B Alec Hanson
2017 offseason deal: Jake Odorizzi to Cubs for 2B Ian Happ, 1B Jeimer Candelario, SP Trevor Clifton
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2017, 09:17 PM   #402
MVP

redsoxfan31's Arena

Would a guy like Verlander cost a lot to get mid-season? I will be playing as the Red Sox and can envision needing to upgrade the rotation but don't want to give up major prospects to do so, didn't know if Verlander's contract would help me in this case
NBA: BOSTON CELTICS
NFL: NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
NHL: BOSTON BRUINS

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Old 04-04-2017, 11:16 PM   #403
Banned

What kind of value does Brantley have?
Old 04-05-2017, 01:57 AM   #404
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehrle56
So i'm thinking of doin these trades, yall wanna tell me if they seem good. (I do 30 Team control)

Starlin Castro to San Diego for P Jacob Nix & SS Jose Rondon
Ryan Braun to LAD for Trayce Thompson/Andrew Toles, Austin Barnes, Walker Buehler
(In a Royals sell situation) Mike Moustakas to STL for Luke Weaver & Paul Dejong
David Robertson to ARI for Yasmany Tomas
Sean Doolittle to PIT for OF Jose Osuna, SP Nick Kingman, 2B Alec Hanson
2017 offseason deal: Jake Odorizzi to Cubs for 2B Ian Happ, 1B Jeimer Candelario, SP Trevor Clifton
Not sure about the rest but the Padres would not do that deal. They don't need a second baseman and wouldn't use Castro at shortstop, too many errors. They're building for the future and see Nix as a part of that future. They won't trade prospects for veteran pieces.
Old 04-05-2017, 07:10 AM   #405
Pro

If you are trading for Trout, do you swallow the Pujols contract to try and sweeten it for the Angels?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2017, 08:29 AM   #406
MVP

GamecocksLaw17's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestbrother
If you are trading for Trout, do you swallow the Pujols contract to try and sweeten it for the Angels?
So both Trout and Pujols have full no-trade clauses. But lets look at it anyways. Pujols has $140 million left on his deal and he's around a 1 WAR player now. So he is a -$95 million dollar "asset". That would make you think you could tack him onto Trout and get him cheap. But thats before you go in deep on how valuable Trout is.

Trout is still owed $118.8 million over the next 4 years. His career average is slightly over a 9 WAR players, so I'll use that total. 9WAR x 4Seasons x$9Million = $324 million in value. Minus his $118.8 million owed. So Trout still has a surplus value of $205.2 Which leads us to see what the value of getting Trout and Pujols.

$205.2 (Trout's value) minus $95(Pujols' negative worth) Still leave the team trading for that pair to give up $110 million dollars in prospects while taking on $258.8 million dollars in salary over the next 5 years. Good luck finding a team that can handle that sort of salary commitment and has the prospects to make it happen.

Last edited by GamecocksLaw17; 04-05-2017 at 08:33 AM.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:35 AM   #407
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestbrother
Realistically, you're never trading for Trout. Fivethirtyeight showed why it was mathematically impossible for the Angels to recoup value on a trade for him: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...r-the-g-o-a-t/

If you're not worried about realism, then I can't even begin to imagine what a Trout trade would look like but it would be a lot, taking Pujols off their hands would certainly help. What team are you?
Old 04-05-2017, 09:10 AM   #408
MVP

MrSerendipity's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecocksLaw17
So both Trout and Pujols have full no-trade clauses. But lets look at it anyways. Pujols has $140 million left on his deal and he's around a 1 WAR player now. So he is a -$95 million dollar "asset". That would make you think you could tack him onto Trout and get him cheap. But thats before you go in deep on how valuable Trout is.

Trout is still owed $118.8 million over the next 4 years. His career average is slightly over a 9 WAR players, so I'll use that total. 9WAR x 4Seasons x$9Million = $324 million in value. Minus his $118.8 million owed. So Trout still has a surplus value of $205.2 Which leads us to see what the value of getting Trout and Pujols.

$205.2 (Trout's value) minus $95(Pujols' negative worth) Still leave the team trading for that pair to give up $110 million dollars in prospects while taking on $258.8 million dollars in salary over the next 5 years. Good luck finding a team that can handle that sort of salary commitment and has the prospects to make it happen.
Dude, you bring such great value to this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum34
Realistically, you're never trading for Trout. Fivethirtyeight showed why it was mathematically impossible for the Angels to recoup value on a trade for him: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...r-the-g-o-a-t/

If you're not worried about realism, then I can't even begin to imagine what a Trout trade would look like but it would be a lot, taking Pujols off their hands would certainly help. What team are you?
This. There is no realistic scenario in which you're trading for Trout. Unless you have dealt everyone else of value on your team for top-end prospects and then you're dealing all of those prospects for Trout (which at this point, what is the point?), there is no realistic option. Now it's your game so you could do whatever deal you like if you really just want to have Trout on your squad, it just won't be realistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »