Home

Pitcher Playoff Stamina Still Not Fixed

This is a discussion on Pitcher Playoff Stamina Still Not Fixed within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2017, 06:39 AM   #17
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Pitcher Playoff Stamina Still Not Fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealC7R
It's never going to be "fixed" as I remember reading on here that it's designed like that to account for "innings pitched during the season" or something to that effect.
Really wondering how somebody came up with that and how this thought process worked out for them lol.

btw what if some guy, due to whatever reason, didn't pitch many innings during the regular season? still reduced stamina?

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Old 04-01-2017, 08:06 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
Really wondering how somebody came up with that and how this thought process worked out for them lol.

btw what if some guy, due to whatever reason, didn't pitch many innings during the regular season? still reduced stamina?
Straight from SCEA; I believe Ramone posted it. Not sure how the second scenario works out. There was a long thread on this issue sometime back, particularly because it didn't appear to affect the CPU in the same manner. Example: using a four man rotation, in game 4 of a series, my game 1 starter would have less starting stamina than that of the corresponding CPU starter (full stamina), though both had the same amount of off days--negligible difference between total innings pitched during the season.
Old 04-01-2017, 11:11 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 3

I'm so bummed about this. This is an incredible game but SCEA's refusal to admit this idea just doesn't work is disappointing. It so obviously is a terribly executed idea but they're sticking to it. It kills franchise in some ways.
Old 04-01-2017, 11:26 AM   #20
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome

Their logic is hilariously bad. The original statement was that this method made it where 4 man rotations would work properly. It does the exact opposite of that, forcing you to use all 5 starters. Then I guess they came up with the explanation that the innings count during the season affects stamina later. This also doesn't make sense because, as we've seen in real life, the best pitchers can throw more often in the playoffs.

It also ends up affecting relievers, where if you throw a guy in back to back games, he's probably unavailable for at least the next 3 days. Good luck trying to utilize your best reliever like the Indians and Cubs did with Miller and Chapman last year.

I've just decided to jack up the stamina sliders for the playoffs. The CPU seems to do a pretty good job of managing their staff in-games to me so I don't think inflated stamina would make too much of a difference.

Watch me play video games
Old 04-01-2017, 11:35 AM   #21
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

I wish the schedule of streams/reveals featured a true "simulation" stream where they show the game functioning properly in the finer details of baseball. It's so important in a baseball game, of all games, that I think it would be something folks would be interested in, but also really force the team to do a thorough QA on such items as:

• CG/SO not being overflated on default
  • Relief pitcher usage is still off in simmed games by default--too many IP/appearance.
  • Playoff pitcher stamina
  • Guys being sucked into walls still
  • Option years not being accurate whatsoever (sort of a big deal with waivers)
  • AI scoring the bulk of its runs on HRs
I mean, we had a stream this year that featured grass...I just hope we start to see things head in a more baseball direction too. I get it that visuals are important, but no one wants just a polished turd, if it were to ever come to that. (I don't think the game is a turd, but I worry about which way on the ladder we're heading)

Last edited by Mike Lowe; 04-03-2017 at 12:44 PM. Reason: typo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2017, 03:52 PM   #22
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
Their logic is hilariously bad. The original statement was that this method made it where 4 man rotations would work properly. It does the exact opposite of that, forcing you to use all 5 starters. Then I guess they came up with the explanation that the innings count during the season affects stamina later. This also doesn't make sense because, as we've seen in real life, the best pitchers can throw more often in the playoffs.

It also ends up affecting relievers, where if you throw a guy in back to back games, he's probably unavailable for at least the next 3 days. Good luck trying to utilize your best reliever like the Indians and Cubs did with Miller and Chapman last year.

I've just decided to jack up the stamina sliders for the playoffs. The CPU seems to do a pretty good job of managing their staff in-games to me so I don't think inflated stamina would make too much of a difference.
Yeah, and like Groundhog Day, this is where I usually post that you should feel free to edit the stamina ratings of your pitchers to get through the playoffs. Just save the original ratings for the next season.
Old 04-03-2017, 11:53 AM   #23
All Star

OVR: 20

Makes no sense that this was not fixed.
Old 04-03-2017, 04:45 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 0

I was able to use a 4 man rotation all the way through the WS in '16. Only time my pitcher wasn't 100% for his turn was after 125 pitch shutout in game 1. He had to start game 6 instead of 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »