Home

The commentary still needs work

This is a discussion on The commentary still needs work within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2017, 07:59 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
The commentary still needs work

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirwoodz
what's crazy to me is that in NBA2k they actually show you how they recorded the V.O. - Brent Barry and Kevin Harland are sitting there together, watching gameplay footage, commenting on it, and then just having ordinary casual conversation to just fill dead space.

I've said this for the longest time. For this game and madden, just sit these guys down put on game after game and let them do what they do. I never understood why they gave them scripts, if there is a situation you want them to say I am 99% sure it's happened in a game before and there is footage of it for them to do commentary on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2020: 52-39
Old 04-14-2017, 08:13 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: The commentary still needs work

I still think the problem is only having one commentary team. Imagine if every game you watched on TV was done by the same team. Instead of one 3 man team, I'd like a couple or three 2 man booths.
#pipedreams

A Work in Progress
Old 04-14-2017, 09:06 AM   #11
Banned

ncbravesfan's Arena

What would be really cool (but practically impossible) would be to have the real broadcast teams for every team. Then, in presentation mode, you just choose them and hear your team's specific broadcasters. Imagine White Sox fans having Hawk's "you can put it on the board ... yes!" or Sterling's "Yankees win ... theeeeee Yankees win". That would be awesome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2017, 09:41 AM   #12
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

The individual style of recording where it does not sound like they are in a booth together is one of the main problems.

It does not help either that matt v sounds like he had sinus problems during his recording. If he could re do his lines to update the game where he can sound more life like to harold reynolds.

The 3rd guy plesac records his scripts just like the previous announcers they had. It sounds so isolated and robotic. If we still had a option to turn off commentators individually at least we could keep on who we wanted.

If the commentators recorded and sounded like they were in a booth together i could see them having one main volume with the fluid back and forth but that is not the case now. Just because someone says matt then reads a script does not blend the commentary together the way the recording is done.
Old 04-14-2017, 10:43 AM   #13
Rookie

kaptainkarl76's Arena

OVR: 1

There is still just a lot of dead air..Makes it kind of awkward..Especially during the beginning of the game (lineup) and homeruns..

I am also starting to hear a lot of repeats after game 8 of my season..
Old 04-14-2017, 12:07 PM   #14
Rookie

thekidisback's Arena

Another thing is Harold Reynolds repeats the same word like 2 or 3 times when he's talking. When describing a home plate ump, he says repect 3 times. Other times he will say he swung hard or great play 2 or 3 times etc. Very odd.
Old 04-14-2017, 01:11 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekidisback
Another thing is Harold Reynolds repeats the same word like 2 or 3 times when he's talking. When describing a home plate ump, he says repect 3 times. Other times he will say he swung hard or great play 2 or 3 times etc. Very odd.
that falls on the director. these aren't professional V.O. actors like in other video games, so you have to direct them properly to get the desired effect that you want.

this is why I said it sounds like they recorded it in their homes on their own time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2017, 01:15 PM   #16
Rookie

kaptainkarl76's Arena

OVR: 1

I'd sit the 3 of them in front of a monitor to watch a few real baseball games and have them do the commentary as if they were doing it live..

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »