Home

Your worst loss?

This is a discussion on Your worst loss? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2017, 01:28 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: Your worst loss?

Been playing the MLB The Show game every year since 2012. Now forgive me as I do not remember my worst loss from 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016. You tend to forget these sorts of games. But last night in a MoM Season game I think I may have experienced my worst loss in the six years playing this game. I took the first 2 games of the 3 game series against the Cubs. But in the 3rd game of the series, an afternoon affair at Coors Field, the Cubs gave me two black eyes, a bloody nose and kicked me in the groin numerous times on my way to an 18-8 defeat.

CHC 5-4-0-1-1-0-4-3-0 18 23 0
COL 0-3-2-0-0-0-1-2-0 8 14 1

I am not sure what sort of damage to the confidence levels that my bullpen took last night. I will find out later today when the club starts a 4 game series at home against the visiting Dodgers. I managed to keep my closer out of the game and two other relievers managed to pitch reasonably well without giving up any runs. But the rest of the bullpen really got bombed and I am expecting most of my relievers to have little to no confidence for this evening's game. Ouch that hurt.

Last edited by My993C2; 05-11-2017 at 01:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2017, 03:02 PM   #26
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0

'14.. Pitching a no-no with The Big Unit, but I couldn't hit ANYTHING in that game.

9th inning, Rickey Henderson hits an inside-out solo shot on a fastball that should have jammed him.

.. and a 40-year-old man nearly had an SNES controller breaking moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-12-2017, 09:16 AM   #27
Rookie

DeJohn11's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Smith
I was playing a game against the Braves in my San Diego Padres franchise last night and was up 4-2 in the 9th inning. They hit a lead off double followed by a walk. Two on with no out. Now things get weird...Freddie Freeman sacrifice bunts the runners over, so I intentionally walk Kemp to set up the double play. Bases loaded and one out. Believe it or not but the next 3 hitters, Garcia, Flowers and Jace Peterson I believe ALL SUICIDE SQUEEZE!!!!

The Braves walk it off 5-4.

This is an offline franchise vs the CPU and on each bunt my 1st baseman (Will Myers) wouldn't move. (a bug maybe?)

Needless to say I was pissed.

Anyone else have a bizarre loss to share?

This sounds like you really messed up... after Freeman's bunt you have 1 out 2nd and 3rd up by 2 runs. Not a good idea to intentionally walk and then put the winning run on base. At least pitch around Kemp and hope he chases something. And if they suicide squeezed three time?! you should have been able to get out of the inning with them only scoring one run.
Old 05-12-2017, 12:00 PM   #28
Rookie

RockPowderDownLoL's Arena

i lost 19-1 as the birmingham barons to the norfolk tides. i won the next game 3-2.
Old 05-12-2017, 02:29 PM   #29
Rookie

jmcole33's Arena

I finished the 2017 season having to play a 163rd game for the NL East title against the Marlins. Was up 5-3 in the top of the ninth with Familia closing it out. He gave up a 2-out 3-run homer to give the Marlins the lead and they held on for the win, thus kicking me to the wild card game against the Dodgers. Dodgers promptly put up 3 in the first against Syndergaard, and Kershaw made sure I wouldn't sniff home plate. Went from hopeful to repeat as WS champions to the golf course very, very quickly.
4 World Series Titles - 2016, 2019, 2021, 2022
Last Season 2024: Lost to Cubs in NLDS 3-1
Old 05-12-2017, 03:31 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 8

Just lost a 9-8 game to the Reds in my Cubs franchise. I fell behind 3-0 in the first inning, pushed my way back to a 3-3 tie in the fourth, and then went up 7-3 on a Willson Contreras grand slam. Added another run on a Javy Baez homer to go into the 8th up 8-3.

Carl Edwards gave up 2 in the 8th on 3 hits, but I had Pedro Strop come in to stem the bleeding in just 3 pitches and keep it at 8-5. To start the 9th, I kept Strop in because closer Wade Davis was a little fatigued. I then gave up an inside the park homerun to Billy Hamilton when he hit one off the wall that I misplayed. I called in Davis, who has been lights out with 13 saves and 1 earned run all season. He gets the first out, but then gives up 3 hits as well and allows the tying run to score.

In the 10th, Justin Grimm allowed 1-out double and then a single to make it 9-8. I got the tying run on base but flew out after making good contact with a pitch to lose.

Really fun game even though I lost.
Old 05-12-2017, 05:37 PM   #31
Banned

Happened to my friend a few games ago.
He's the Angels against the Athletics. He's up 5-1 in the ninth.
Brings in Cam Bedrosian for the save . . . a save that would never come.
Lead-off homer makes it 5-2.
Next batter grounds out.
Another jack makes it 5-3.
Walk.
Single.
Can of Corn.
Two outs, Two on.
Khris Davis up.
6-5 loss.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2017, 08:34 PM   #32
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Took a perfect game into the 9th the other day, my first for this season. Into the ninth I am up a measly 1-0, and I walk the leadoff guy. ok I think, no big deal, the no hitter is still intact and I have run roughshot through this lineup, so no biggie. 3-0 count to the next guy, palms are starting to get a little sweaty. Low and behold I mess up the timing of my next pitch. Instead of working around him high and inside, the 2-seamer ends up right in the middle of the plate and he sends it yard.

I tell myself its time to buckle down, REALLY work the counts in my favor and scrape by. No, i strike out 3 times...

I love this game
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »