Home

Found NEW BUNT Cheese! Smh. NEEDs TO BE PATCHED

This is a discussion on Found NEW BUNT Cheese! Smh. NEEDs TO BE PATCHED within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2017, 08:45 PM   #25
Pro

Bunselpower32's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Found NEW BUNT Cheese! Smh. NEEDs TO BE PATCHED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgoi
I play as the Yankees and tried I've tried bunting with Headley twice during the shift. Was thrown out both times. Neither was a good bunt. Haven't seen it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is exactly the point. The sample size with which the OP is justifying the attack is ONE GAME. I guarantee you that if the opponent shifted a guy 4 times, there would be a random game that would see a guy bunt on 3 of 4 times.

- Rick Wise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2017, 09:55 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunselpower32
This is exactly the point. The sample size with which the OP is justifying the attack is ONE GAME. I guarantee you that if the opponent shifted a guy 4 times, there would be a random game that would see a guy bunt on 3 of 4 times.
Like I said, the biggest problem is the fact that you can lay down a bunt with anyone. No matter their rating. That makes no sense. I shouldn't be able to lay down a bunt with Chase Headley who has a bunt rating of 25.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:00 PM   #27
Pro

Bunselpower32's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeart2422
Like I said, the biggest problem is the fact that you can lay down a bunt with anyone. No matter their rating. That makes no sense. I shouldn't be able to lay down a bunt with Chase Headley who has a bunt rating of 25.
You're missing the point. I could never make it in the majors. But I guarantee I can lay down a bunt against any pitcher at any level at a respectable rate. So why shouldn't a major league hitter, who has spent tens of thousands of hours with a bat in his hands, be able to lay down a bunt in a deserted half of an infield once in a while? What's more, they don't have to place it well either. The harder the better, which is really what the bunt rating should be about.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Operation Sports mobile app

- Rick Wise
Old 04-24-2017, 10:02 PM   #28
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Quote:
How are you able to get these bunts down? I'm really struggling, online and offline.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:03 PM   #29
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

And now, because the Vocal Minority won't let himself have fun, we're probably going to get a patch that destroys bunting to the point of being unusable.

50/50 chance of that happening.

By the way, you start out RTTS with a bunt rating of 20, and have NO problem laying down bunts.
But you complain about this.

Oh, and your sample size is bull.

Probably gonna get a warning for saying this, but since you just...keep...going...
Old 04-25-2017, 12:56 AM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
And now, because the Vocal Minority won't let himself have fun, we're probably going to get a patch that destroys bunting to the point of being unusable.

50/50 chance of that happening.

By the way, you start out RTTS with a bunt rating of 20, and have NO problem laying down bunts.
But you complain about this.

Oh, and your sample size is bull.

Probably gonna get a warning for saying this, but since you just...keep...going...
Why would I lie about this? There is no point in arguing. I am stating something that i saw after bunting with every batter, for 3 straight games, on Play Now Exhibition.

I was able to get on base with Chase headley (Only Chase Headley) more often than not because the computer does an extreme infield shift to the right on him.

And the real problem I'm complaining about is the fact the players with bunt ratings in the 25's are able to make contact with the ball (when bunting) wayyyy too often. And they are able to put the ball in play way too often as well. I am not saying that I am getting on base by bunting. Just that you shouldn't be able to put a ball in play so easily with low rated bunters.

Try it for yourself. Pick any team and just fast forward every half inning. And hold down the Triangle button every single at bat and you will see what I mean.

Last edited by Razeart2422; 04-25-2017 at 12:59 AM.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:04 AM   #31
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunselpower32
You're missing the point. I could never make it in the majors. But I guarantee I can lay down a bunt against any pitcher at any level at a respectable rate. So why shouldn't a major league hitter, who has spent tens of thousands of hours with a bat in his hands, be able to lay down a bunt in a deserted half of an infield once in a while? What's more, they don't have to place it well either. The harder the better, which is really what the bunt rating should be about.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Operation Sports mobile app
No you couldnt. This is why bunting is at historically low rates across the league, its a lot harder than you think and becoming less and less worth it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2017, 01:05 AM   #32
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
I was able to get on base with Chase headley (Only Chase Headley) more often than not because the computer does an extreme infield shift to the right on him.
Because that's how you beat the shift.

By the way, the opponent was bunting a lot?

Why weren't you bringing the infield in? Or shifting to Bunt Defense?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »