Home

MLB The Show 17 Patch 1.04 Available Now, Patch Notes Included

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Patch 1.04 Available Now, Patch Notes Included within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 11:36 AM   #369
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: MLB The Show 17 Patch 1.04 Available Now, Patch Notes Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by themoneyteam1212
"Do that or don't post" lol. Is that an order sir
No. But your 2 week ban is.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Operation Sports mobile app

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 04-26-2017, 11:38 AM   #370
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaxseed Oil
Post patch - doesnt seem like the ball as as much speed off the bat. Much more realistic. I would be interested in seeing if HR distances are more realistic now.
I had a no-doubter on Legend default with Posey vs. Maeda that went 319. I was happy to see that. It had a nice arc to it and reasonable hang time, but not an insane distance.

I'm seeing more balls drop in front of the OF instead of staying up in the air for longer periods of time and getting caught, which also seems to be a byproduct of the ball coming off the bat with less velocity. I like the increased hit variety, but I also haven't played lots of games yet.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:40 AM   #371
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

For those of you experiencing the quick hook issues:

1) Do you play on Quick Counts

2) Can you play a game or two without Quick Counts and see if you have the same issue?

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2017, 11:43 AM   #372
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium

2) Can you play a game or two without Quick Counts and see if you have the same issue?

That's a great idea. Will try this tonight.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:45 AM   #373
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
I would LOVE to do this, but you're correct in that it is a bit extreme.

Believe me when I say this - the data that SDS gets is accompanied by footage. If you complain without it you are much less likely to be heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillPeener
It might sound extreme, but I think we'd see more constructive progress if OS required video footage for every complaint made. 3 day ban for anyone who ignores the rule. The flip side is complainers would be free to say what they want, as long as it doesn't violate the terms of service.

Bottom line is that most of the game's issues can be easily documented with photos or video evidence, but what I'm reading is a whole bunch of ambiguity and vague evidence used to support bold claims.
It's certainly worth considering...I imagine that the reason there are so many boogeymen in this game, or to put it plainly--there are things that work for some people and seemingly not for others, is because OS'ers do not generally describe their setup and situation with enough detail.

For example, a starting pitcher being pulled after 65 pitches might be quite normal with manager hook and SP stamina at default, but not with hook at 0 and SP stamina at 7. Or it might be this way for Quick Counts and not for regular counts. Or maybe it was a freak thing or situation that happened once or twice and not always.

Point is, a simple "game is broken" comment doesn't provide any valuable evidence or feedback applicable to anything beyond the poster's emotional state when the post is made. If people were more thorough in sorting through the details, there might be less confusion and disagreement about what is actually "broken" and what isn't. What the user can fix on their own and what they cannot. It would also help the devs figure out what to fix and accelerate patches for us, in theory.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:46 AM   #374
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

Played a lot of both, definitely far more severe with QC's, but some of the strange logic was also present in regular, seems less so since patch. QC's seems pretty much unchanged since patch, still very trigger happy in close games.

Bullpen AI seems very shaky on both, with pitchers left in for too long when getting slaughtered if the game is no longer close, while closers getting pulled mid-save if the tieing run gets to second. Not sure if the shaky bullpen AI is linked to the early starter pull or if it's a separate issue, but I figured it's probably all part of the same system?
Old 04-26-2017, 11:53 AM   #375
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
It's certainly worth considering...I imagine that the reason there are so many boogeymen in this game, or to put it plainly--there are things that work for some people and seemingly not for others, is because OS'ers do not generally describe their setup and situation with enough detail.

For example, a starting pitcher being pulled after 65 pitches might be quite normal with manager hook and SP stamina at default, but not with hook at 0 and SP stamina at 7. Or it might be this way for Quick Counts and not for regular counts. Or maybe it was a freak thing or situation that happened once or twice and not always.

Point is, a simple "game is broken" comment doesn't provide any valuable evidence or feedback applicable to anything beyond the poster's emotional state when the post is made. If people were more thorough in sorting through the details, there might be less confusion and disagreement about what is actually "broken" and what isn't. What the user can fix on their own and what they cannot. It would also help the devs figure out what to fix and accelerate patches for us, in theory.
Agree 100% When are you going to do another dynasty? Loved your one from last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2017, 11:57 AM   #376
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think a useful thing to do is to check the game log after a "quick pull" pull. Without fail, I'll see that the CPU started doing some really funky things with their bullpen in the inning that the starter was pulled. They'll get two guys up, then after a batter they'll sit both down, and then get two more guys up. Basically, almost the entire bullpen will be warmed up and sat down during the inning.

I don't know why this happens, but it's a sign, to me, that the bullpen management is going a little haywire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »