Home

MLB The Show 17 Patch 1.04 Available Now, Patch Notes Included

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Patch 1.04 Available Now, Patch Notes Included within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 12:18 PM   #385
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 17 Patch 1.04 Available Now, Patch Notes Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
I know it is popular but IRL there is no quick counts and perhaps gimmick isn't the correct term but you can't expect something which doesn't exist IRL to be realistic. By definition it isn't realistic because it doesn't exist.

Manage mode on on full counts on the other hand does exist IRL. In terms of game play it is the core game , CPU vs CPU with zero user input. If you ask people who play manage mode they tend to say the same thing - not nearly enough offense. The core game isn't functioning properly while they are fixing other "stuff".

For me - speaking only for myself - they should fix the core game before they fix all the other stuff they have added on and when they do add things they should figure on adding more programmers to fix the problems with the stuff they have added. Currently some modes are being neglected because the programmer is overwhelmed.
Honestly mate, this is just wrong, of course you can make QC's realistic, they did last year, no one had any complaints. It not working right is a new thing, so don't come out with this nonsense about it being impossible to make realistic as that's clearly not the case.

It just sounds like you are trying to find ways to rationalise your desire for them to only concentrate on the parts of the game you use. I get it, I'm sure most of us would like the things we use to work and for the programmers to happen to concentrate more on those parts, but to claim your preferred part is more valid than other peoples is just kinda selfish.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2017, 12:22 PM   #386
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
I know it is popular but IRL there is no quick counts and perhaps gimmick isn't the correct term but you can't expect something which doesn't exist IRL to be realistic. By definition it isn't realistic because it doesn't exist.

Manage mode on on full counts on the other hand does exist IRL. In terms of game play it is the core game , CPU vs CPU with zero user input. If you ask people who play manage mode they tend to say the same thing - not nearly enough offense. The core game isn't functioning properly while they are fixing other "stuff".

For me - speaking only for myself - they should fix the core game before they fix all the other stuff they have added on and when they do add things they should figure on adding more programmers to fix the problems with the stuff they have added. Currently some modes are being neglected because the programmer is overwhelmed.
If some of you have seen the term "agenda posting" before and don't quite know what that means...here is a good example.
Old 04-26-2017, 12:23 PM   #387
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidinDwnKingsley
I had Verlander go 7ip on 105 pitches and give up 1 run on QC last night. Pretty realistic to me. I have a feeling its a combination of situational elements that cause the issue. In my game Verlander cruised and didnt run into many issues. I think its more about situations than pitch counts. Remember baseball has gone to a bullpen game, it may be trying to replicate that but just needs tweaking. I have still seen complete games in QC.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Can you post the line and boxscore? I'd like to see the score and all

Sent from my SM-G920P using Operation Sports mobile app

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 04-26-2017, 12:28 PM   #388
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
And I think it would also be helpful to know if for those not pulled mid inning but before an inning starts it would help to know if the pitchers spot is or isn't coming up.

In all the sims where users have pointed out lines with just 5 or 6 innings that very important context is being left out.
In my experience, it is far, far more prevalent in response to a guy getting on base, even more severely if they get into scoring position. The first sign of trouble in a close game and the starter will be pulled in my experience on QC's
Old 04-26-2017, 12:28 PM   #389
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
And Humanity AI on defense is the real deal. And it is not talked about enough. I saw something yesterday that was awesome.

A dribbler down the first base line but short enough for the pitcher to stab it. Instead of making the throw he dives at my hitter to tag him and misses him!!! Totally cool and looked like a flat out bad human decision. And my Batter avoided the tag to boot.

Guys....play the game. Play it a lot. I am seeing new stuff every game. Trust the game a little more. It is a new pinnacle in the genre.
I saw something but unsure if it is Humanity AI or just bad AI. Ground ball to Robinson Cano that looks routine but he overshoots it and it's a single. In looking at the replay, the ball took a funny hop but I'm unsure if it was actually Humanity as the game typically gives you the scorer's ruling on a questionable fielding play.
Old 04-26-2017, 12:29 PM   #390
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSacamano
I think a useful thing to do is to check the game log after a "quick pull" pull. Without fail, I'll see that the CPU started doing some really funky things with their bullpen in the inning that the starter was pulled. They'll get two guys up, then after a batter they'll sit both down, and then get two more guys up. Basically, almost the entire bullpen will be warmed up and sat down during the inning.

I don't know why this happens, but it's a sign, to me, that the bullpen management is going a little haywire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh wow this is something I never checked or thought about. Personally once the cpu brings in the bullpen I switch teams and manage the cpu bullpen for them the rest of the game. Including mound visits which the cpu rarely uses.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Operation Sports mobile app

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 04-26-2017, 12:30 PM   #391
Rookie

parky_17's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zukes
Mill, prety sure it's been established already that it's a QC issue. If I get time tonight, I will try a couple games without to make sure.

That is the issue though, QC is a godsend for guys like me with two kids in sports, a wife who somehow wants my attention still after all these years and a job that requires me to work some strange hours at times. Not to mention finding time to watch the Blue Jays, playoff hockey, play my ball games as well.
I think it must be, because I've played all my games since release with full counts and haven't ever thought that a pitcher had been taken out too quickly

Although in the game I just played I felt that the CPU left a reliever in too long, i was down 2-1 in the bottom of the 8th and he hit the 1st batter of the inning and after a stolen base the next guy lined out to 3rd base so there now was a runner on 2nd with 1 out, next up was Donaldson who drove in the run with a single, it's now 2-2 runner on 1st with 1 out, same pitcher still in, Bautista then hit one off the wall and now it's runners on 1st and 3rd with 1 out. This is where I feel the pitcher should've been taken out but he stayed on to face Morales who hit a bomb to left and it was now 5-2 and the pitcher was taken out

I just realised I didn't save the video of it and can't remember the pitchers name, the other thing I thought was weird about it was it was a lefty pitcher against all the righty's in the Jays top order

Again this is the first time I've noticed this and probably just a one off

Sent from my SM-G920F using Operation Sports mobile app

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
TORONTO BLUE JAYS
WASHINGTON CAPITALS
DETROIT PISTONS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2017, 12:30 PM   #392

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
In my experience, it is far, far more prevalent in response to a guy getting on base, even more severely if they get into scoring position. The first sign of trouble in a close game and the starter will be pulled in my experience on QC's

Completely understood, I'm talking more about sinned games with sim logic to determine if they are accounting for the pitchers spot or disregarding it.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »