Home

MLB The Show 17 Patch 1.04 Available Now, Patch Notes Included

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Patch 1.04 Available Now, Patch Notes Included within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 10:35 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: MLB The Show 17 Patch 1.04 Available Now, Patch Notes Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Seems like a significant patch.

As for some of the issues people are seeing--folks, get comfortable with the idea of adjusting sliders. They are there for a reason. The default settings are never ideal. In some cases, default is nowhere close to ideal (manager hook at zero + increased SP stamina has always worked for me in getting realistic SP outings). The ratings of your players and game situation also matters.
Great point. Often overlooked are the player ratings. Pitcher getting pulled early? Check his stamina rating. Sometimes the fault lays less with the sliders and more with the player ratings. Have seen this in all sports game, especially Madden.

Something to consider anyway...

C
Old 04-25-2017, 10:35 AM   #58
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Seems like a significant patch.

As for some of the issues people are seeing--folks, get comfortable with the idea of adjusting sliders. They are there for a reason. The default settings are never ideal. In some cases, default is nowhere close to ideal (manager hook at zero + increased SP stamina has always worked for me in getting realistic SP outings). The ratings of your players and game situation also matters.
Absolutely. No one should jump on anyone's slider set thinking it will "fix" things for them. Need to do your own testing. Patience.
Old 04-25-2017, 10:36 AM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 2

I am seeing new hats in the uniform section!!! Was this part of the patch or did i just completely miss over these before. haha
Old 04-25-2017, 10:37 AM   #60
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Great point. Often overlooked are the player ratings. Pitcher getting pulled early? Check hsi stamina rating. Sometimes the fault lays not with the sliders but with the player ratings. Have seen this in all sports game, especially Madden.

Something to consider anyway...

C
Yes, Cincinnati's starting pitchers would be a good example. Stamina ratings of 78, 74, 75, 73, 78. Couple with everything else, they might not be around long in a game.
Old 04-25-2017, 10:38 AM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 5

I just played a QC counts game where it was MadBum vs Tanaka. Final score ended up being 2-1. Tanaka line was 6.1 3 hits 2 runs 3 bb 4 k's on 90 pitches. He was taken out in the 7th with one out. The minute a runner got to 2nd he was taken out. MadBum went 6.0 3 hits 0 runs 3 bb 12 k's. He gave up a lead off double with 85 pitches and was taken out. Seems to me that if your pitchers are in a close game in the 6th inning or later and they give up a runner to 2b, they get the hook. Still, I think this is fairly realistic with the pitch counts they had.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2017, 10:38 AM   #62
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

OVR: 4

A lot of display bugs in franchise are still there such as "career high" with their homeruns and the AL East standings being displayed no matter what division they are talking about
Old 04-25-2017, 10:40 AM   #63
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn33
I don't know about that. I have mananger hook at 1 - and this still happens (pre patch)
Agreed. Very irritated about the CPU still removing pitchers especially after the patch says this was fixed.

For those of us that have been anxiously waiting for this patch, it's truly disappointing to say the least.
Old 04-25-2017, 10:46 AM   #64
Pro

ARoid1313's Arena

OVR: 3

Still can't turn the hr camera off
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »