Home

MLB the Show 18 Wishlist: PLUS Things they should PATCH for MLB 17

This is a discussion on MLB the Show 18 Wishlist: PLUS Things they should PATCH for MLB 17 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2018, 08:50 AM   #489
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MLB the Show 18 Wishlist: PLUS Things they should PATCH for MLB 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintloue28
It's probably been said, but until they add more to franchise... I'm out. I was so tired of DD last year. I just want create a team/relocation/expansion. Add more to do. Stadium upgrades, marketing, ect. I can't just keep paying $60 every year for small upgrades. "We've added something huge! Something people have been waiting for! The biggest request ever!" "Batting stance creator...."

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Last year, I had my hopes up, waded through all of the nonsense to get to the final day of information about the game, and then they had nothing. So, while I'm waiting again, and I'm hopeful, I won't be crushed the same way a a year ago.

I boycotted the game and didn't buy it for the first time since 2007 last year. If need be, I'll do the same again. We'll find out in a week or so.
Old 03-07-2018, 09:09 AM   #490
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
Last year, I had my hopes up, waded through all of the nonsense to get to the final day of information about the game, and then they had nothing. So, while I'm waiting again, and I'm hopeful, I won't be crushed the same way a a year ago.

I boycotted the game and didn't buy it for the first time since 2007 last year. If need be, I'll do the same again. We'll find out in a week or so.
I tried to boycott. Got my copy used in July... but I'm serious this year. DD is structured so you have to spend money to be competitive. I'm a franchise guy but there is nothing for me anymore. I quit Madden in 13 and i feel the same is about to happen with MLB.

Old 03-07-2018, 09:37 AM   #491
MVP

actionhank's Arena

Quote:
I tried to boycott. Got my copy used in July... but I'm serious this year. DD is structured so you have to spend money to be competitive. I'm a franchise guy but there is nothing for me anymore. I quit Madden in 13 and i feel the same is about to happen with MLB.

I did the same with EA's NHL franchise. The Show is where I've come to get some solace in sports games, since this is the only other thing I really play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2018, 02:14 PM   #492
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

Quote:

I didn’t spend any money other than the initial Digital Deluxe edition pre order and was routinely in the World Series in Ranked Seasons. This is the one card collecting mode in video games that I feel you don’t have to spend real money to be competitive. This game has the most grind missions and the best rewards are tied to the grind missions. Sure there’s an option to drop real money and buy players off the market but I think it’s unfair to say the game forces you to spend money to be competitive.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-07-2018, 02:19 PM   #493
Rookie

Even in the grind missions you have to collect certain cards and certain series. I never got my Eddie Matthews because I refused to buy the last few breakouts I needed.

Old 03-07-2018, 07:34 PM   #494
Rookie

Sip_16's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Even in the grind missions you have to collect certain cards and certain series. I never got my Eddie Matthews because I refused to buy the last few breakouts I needed.

I got Mathews and didnt spend a penny. Played a lot earned stubs played the market a bit. But if i have a decent team i can compete well enough.
Old 03-07-2018, 10:24 PM   #495
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

Quote:

I'm offline, single player franchise only. Any and everything else is totally meaningless to me. I need additions and improvements to the off the field matters or I'll keep playing 16.

I didn't play Madden last year for the same reasons. It was the first year since the early 90s that I hadn't purchased a NFL video game at some point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2018, 01:10 PM   #496
Rookie

I'd like drafted prospects to physically change over the course of their careers. I think NHL does this.

Miggy wasn't Miggy when he first came up. He put on a lot of weight/muscle a few years into the majors for more pop. I feel like that's impossible in the current game. A guy I draft will have a slender 6'4 frame that screams future power, but ten years later he's rail thin and his batted ball profile doesn't change at all. It's not just Miggy, but A-Rod, Machado, etc. I want to see more dynamic outcomes that mirror the real game. Jeter's a guy who was expected to bulk up and be a #3 hitter but his body and approach never changed too much. That's just a counter example.

Also PLEASE make scouting less of a painful endeavor. It's incredibly user-unfriendly and tedious to do manually. I'm not even asking for a big upgrade on the overall system (even though it's lacking), but make the UI a little easier and quicker to navigate please!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »