Home

Perfect steals?

This is a discussion on Perfect steals? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2017, 12:10 PM   #25
Do Your Job

TheBigTee's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Perfect steals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
Wish I never saw this thread now

I am with you. Unreal how easy it is to steal bases this way. I always just tapped L2 one time and let them get the jump (and I have always found stealing bases quite difficult). Using this method (in conquest mode - I wouldn't use it in my franchise or any sim mode) I have yet to be thrown out.

This definitely should be fixed, although it does make grinding out diamond dynasty games vs computer easier.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2017, 01:50 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

You also can tell it's a glitch because most of the time the slow motion animation fails to occur when sliding into second base. It is actually one of the reasons I don't mind the glitch.
Old 05-15-2017, 07:59 PM   #27
Rookie

Noiziv's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
Wish I never saw this thread now

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigTee
I am with you. Unreal how easy it is to steal bases this way. I always just tapped L2 one time and let them get the jump (and I have always found stealing bases quite difficult). Using this method (in conquest mode - I wouldn't use it in my franchise or any sim mode) I have yet to be thrown out.

This definitely should be fixed, although it does make grinding out diamond dynasty games vs computer easier.
Sorry guys! 😣 It needs to be fixed ASAP. I'm really hoping they've seen this.
Old 05-17-2017, 04:12 PM   #28
Rookie

Noiziv, thanks for the tip! It's helped me tremendously.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 05-22-2017, 11:53 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 11

This was definitely patched in the update, wasn't mentioned in any of the update notes specifically, but doing this now seems to guarantee an awful jump (unless I just got bad luck with a small sample size), now the only way I can try to steal is tapping L2 and hoping for the best, and there are close plays at second with Billy Hamilton running with one of the better jumps you can get from that.
Old 05-22-2017, 12:10 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathJohnson
This was definitely patched in the update, wasn't mentioned in any of the update notes specifically, but doing this now seems to guarantee an awful jump (unless I just got bad luck with a small sample size), now the only way I can try to steal is tapping L2 and hoping for the best, and there are close plays at second with Billy Hamilton running with one of the better jumps you can get from that.
I concur, this is fixed. It seems to behave just like when you simply tap L2 once now - it's dependent on a dice roll based on the runner's stealing ability rating.

You can still do the user-timed press/release steal too - but you actually have to time it yourself now.
Old 05-22-2017, 04:22 PM   #31
Rookie

Noiziv's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathJohnson
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I concur, this is fixed. It seems to behave just like when you simply tap L2 once now - it's dependent on a dice roll based on the runner's stealing ability rating.

You can still do the user-timed press/release steal too - but you actually have to time it yourself now.
Just came back to this thread to let everyone know that I noticed it was fixed as well! Glad that they listened and were able to fix it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2017, 05:55 PM   #32
Pro

Perfect steals?

Did they fix the timing when you just press L2? The only reason this became such a big thing was because of how bad jumps were in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2020: 52-39

Last edited by Greencollarbaseball; 05-22-2017 at 06:27 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »