Home

So now there's a issue with closers

This is a discussion on So now there's a issue with closers within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2017, 03:50 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: So now there's a issue with closers

Closers getting pulled happen in baseball. The best team in baseball, the Astros, have done it on a few occassions when Giles (or whoever the closer of the day is) is struggling. Baseball is an ever evolving game and closers are not a sure thing to stay in when struggling or fatigued as they were even just a few short years ago.
Old 05-13-2017, 04:07 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanzrule
Closers getting pulled happen in baseball. The best team in baseball, the Astros, have done it on a few occassions when Giles (or whoever the closer of the day is) is struggling. Baseball is an ever evolving game and closers are not a sure thing to stay in when struggling or fatigued as they were even just a few short years ago.

Seriously, let's take the blinders off for a second. Not questioning closers getting pulled in general. I'm fairly well versed in the semantics of baseball. Putting a closer in during the 8th inning and then removing him before he even faced a batter in the 9th isn't a new baseball fade. The logic is broken. I wish it weren't broken, but it is

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-13-2017, 04:15 PM   #11
Banned

CanOfCornCobb's Arena

It's not just QC. I play HoF and they overdid the the RP hook and under-did? the SP hook. Also, the patches have screwed my franchise. I had contact and power perfect, but now I need .5 slider values to replicate what I had.....long time shower here

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2017, 12:57 PM   #12
Rookie

BeatArmy's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by squashbuggie
this is why you should pitch of QM every save situation in game that you interact with. I once saw three consecutive BSV in QM with 3 run-leads !!!!
I also suggest that you can QM until tying run is at-at or on base. then, play game and lower difficulty to VETERAN to avoid cheap CPU comebacks.
No, this is astoundingly bad advice: your stats will be gone and it will treat the game as a day off. I've posted on the issues with QM in and out before.
Old 05-16-2017, 01:05 PM   #13
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

Not just specific to QC. In RttS, a closer (I forget which team it was) came in the 9th with their team winning. The batter before me got a hit and I walked to put men on 1st and 2nd with 1 out. The CPU then brought in another reliever.
Old 05-16-2017, 01:42 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
This year's game has a lot of issues but this isn't one of them. They made the game more realistic by instituting more severe penalties when a pitcher reaches a certain point in stamina.

Also I don't use quick counts but to figure out what people were complaining about I played a few innings in quick counts. The pitch count on the screen during the game is not accurate. If you want to see the actual pitch count hit the options button, click on stats - pitcher analysis. You will see his actual pitch count is higher than the pitch count displayed during the game.

The CPU pulled him because his stamina reached a point where he was going to decline significantly and probably he also had low confidence. The CPU pulled him because the replacement at that point had higher attributes.
This is not necessarily true. It might have some kind of impact but before each game, I raise the CPU SP stamina by 20 points, I raise the CP stamina by 15 to 20 points also. Depending on innings pitched, and the quality of the pitchers. Normally I don't mess to much with the # 1 starter. I even raise the Clutch rating of both by 10 to 15. I play QC then I return them back to normal after the game. It also depends if it is a close game. I have seen them bring in a closer in the 8th when it is not a save situation but it is usually because he hasn't pitched and needs work. But even with the edits I see starters pulled in the 5th and 6th and in many cases the CP being pulled in the 9th with plenty 0f stamina remaining and the confidence bar is half full or more. It is obvious something is wrong with the pitching logic and I agree it is broken, This did not happen in other versions of the game. So logic tells you, if it worked fairly well in 14, 15, 16, and it does not work now.. It is broken. Hopefully it will still be addressed. Forgot to mention I also raise the Durability of those pitchers, so they can last longer. In many cases, it really don't seem to matter. Sometimes I think it helps but it seems to be based more on the situation than stamina

Last edited by CleveCluby; 05-16-2017 at 01:46 PM.
Old 05-16-2017, 04:49 PM   #15
Banned

what have you seen in QM CleveClubby and SV/BSV ?
I am now to QM every game and just pitch when I want too.
I never hit and am also using two controllers and manage both SP IP and then shut off one controller when I decide to pull one of the SP's.
You will sometimes see ruined box score if you enter a game w/ two controllers active.

When I pitch SV situation, I may bump back to AS - but I currently pitch all SV situations on Veteran level.
I am going to raise all Closers sta. to 50 and see how that goes in QM.
Your thoughts ?
Thanks for your wisdom
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »