Home

So now there's a issue with closers

This is a discussion on So now there's a issue with closers within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2017, 11:20 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've played 3 QC games post this last patch and here are the last 3 CPU closer decisions: Nats closer starts the 9th, gives up 1 hit and 1 walk, gets next 2 guys out and is pulled for Oliver Perez to face a RIGHTY. Angels A's Cam is the closer, comes in the 8th and they take him out in the ninth for setup man. 3rd game was identical to first, yanked closer in the 9th with 2 outs. This game is a friggin mess. Everything was good for me prior to this last patch. I'm over this now. Every single time you think things are fixed something else gets broken. This year is a complete buggy mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2017, 12:56 PM   #2
Rookie

Noiziv's Arena

Re: So now there's a issue with closers

Closers getting pulled in the 9th is not new to the most recent patch. It's just something that hasn't been fixed yet.
Old 05-13-2017, 01:17 PM   #3
Rookie

Im about games into my Franchise and saw this for the first time today on QC.
Old 05-13-2017, 01:25 PM   #4
Banned

this is why you should pitch of QM every save situation in game that you interact with. I once saw three consecutive BSV in QM with 3 run-leads !!!!
I also suggest that you can QM until tying run is at-at or on base. then, play game and lower difficulty to VETERAN to avoid cheap CPU comebacks.
Old 05-13-2017, 01:54 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noiziv
Closers getting pulled in the 9th is not new to the most recent patch. It's just something that hasn't been fixed yet.

I've never had this issue before. This really blows. Are there any workarounds. I was finally so excited that everything was fixed and now this

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2017, 02:21 PM   #6
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...nning-9th.html
Old 05-13-2017, 03:07 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k

Thanks. Since this was originally posted before the most recent patch, it must be coming from QC. I went back to playing QC after patch 5. Prior to that I was playing full games. I'm going to try going back to full games and see if I experience the same closer issue. The QA at SCEA is a complete disaster. This is the worst version they have ever released.

Old 05-13-2017, 03:22 PM   #8
MVP

This year's game has a lot of issues but this isn't one of them. They made the game more realistic by instituting more severe penalties when a pitcher reaches a certain point in stamina.

Also I don't use quick counts but to figure out what people were complaining about I played a few innings in quick counts. The pitch count on the screen during the game is not accurate. If you want to see the actual pitch count hit the options button, click on stats - pitcher analysis. You will see his actual pitch count is higher than the pitch count displayed during the game.

The CPU pulled him because his stamina reached a point where he was going to decline significantly and probably he also had low confidence. The CPU pulled him because the replacement at that point had higher attributes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »