Home

Homeruns and hit power after Patch 1.06

This is a discussion on Homeruns and hit power after Patch 1.06 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2017, 10:20 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 20
Re: Homeruns and hit power after Patch 1.06

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacks
I appreciate the feedback guys, but i think you're missing the point. Maybe I'm just seeing things but it seems like hit power is somehow inherently lower now. Balls I used to square up would get wacked, now even if its in the good spot of the hitters eye it still isn't as solid.

Tell me it's just me and I'll be content.
My problem after the patch isn't hitting but the CPU hitting now is terrible. I haven't given up a home run in 8 games and the most runs I've given up is 1.
Old 05-18-2017, 10:23 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by moemoe24
My problem after the patch isn't hitting but the CPU hitting now is terrible. I haven't given up a home run in 8 games and the most runs I've given up is 1.
What difficulty are you playing on? Even some of the classic pitching guys have moved up to HOF for a tougher challenge this year. Personally as a meter pitcher I love HOF for the fact that I have to pitch more to the corners so that I don't get hammered - it leads to more walks naturally.
Old 05-19-2017, 02:16 AM   #11
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

If anything, my problem would be not enough singles. Seems like almost everything I square up is either gone or a fly out, with some doubles sprinkled in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2017, 05:20 AM   #12
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

Singles, homers and gdp's. I ground into double plays around 4 times a game. It's infuriating. There's no slider that changes it. Power is down since the patches for sure as it was needed, or at least it seems it was needed to stop the insane home runs. Although I still find the CPU can hit a ball 3 inches off the plate at 114 mph at a pretty unrealistic clip. Homers seem better though, so I'm pretty ok with it. All that said I use directional hitting so it's basically a crap shoot. Good timing on a bp fastball is a popup about 7 times a game. Horrible, but it's on me - all I have to do is switch to zone, never move the pci and watch my batting average go straight up. Hit variety becomes much more realistic and organic too.

I just wish they'd simplify the hitting sliders. It's messy right now and unnecessary. A hits and an extra base hits would really make everything easier. I haven't hit a double in about 7 games and I give up 3 per game on really suspicious contact and always when they have someone on base. I literally haven't hit a triple since first week of owning the game. They just don't exist for me or, to a lesser extent, the computer. The CPU hits one around every 7 or so games against me. I'm not sure if the power change has had a massive influence on doubles and triples, but if it's at the cost of the gross homers I'm fine with it.
Old 05-19-2017, 06:18 AM   #13
MVP

tyler28's Arena

OVR: 0

Use armor and swords sliders it favors hrs.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-19-2017, 06:48 AM   #14
Pro

CAG CheechDogg's Arena

OVR: 10

I hit singles... doubles and the occasional triple with my sliders
...ill post them when i get home

I also hit HRs at a respectful and acceptable rate ...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Gamertag: CAG CheechDogg
Old 05-19-2017, 08:13 AM   #15
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Getting the best hit variety in my history of playing this series.

Simply unreal. The ball physics are off the hook. HR’s, doubles (gap and down the line) triples, bloops, bleeders, lazy singles, rocket loud singles, laser beam line drives, rising line drives over OF’s heads, sinking liners, nubbers, etc etc.

The variety of the HR’s has been amazing since patch 1.06 too boot. Bombs, line drive, wall scrappers, all kinds.

Seriously......amazing stuff this year on 17.

I seriously can never even fathom playing any previous version of this game.

Ball physics, humanity AI and quirks have totally changed this game for the better.....we got a leap this year in gameplay. I have never had more fun.....and believe me....I played all previous versions year round as well. But this...this is just on another level.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 05-19-2017 at 08:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2017, 08:37 AM   #16
Pro

CAG CheechDogg's Arena

OVR: 10

I really liked last year's so much that i played the whole season..this year im even more impressed....

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Gamertag: CAG CheechDogg

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »