Home

How is this POSSIBLE??? Avoidable?

This is a discussion on How is this POSSIBLE??? Avoidable? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 01:36 PM   #17
ShowTime!

NAFBUC's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: How is this POSSIBLE??? Avoidable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator87AC
Guys.. this game is coming dangerously close to the bargain bin trade pile and stuff like this isn't helping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jH1r82q4FA
I stopped viewing when the 'bargain bin' swearing was used.
Old 05-31-2017, 01:58 PM   #18
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

OVR: 0

The fielder missing the base is just the games completely lack of situational intelligence from fielders and just happens every now and again on various plays.

The worst part though is the fielders absolute refusal to turn around after you've done it though, if they overrun a bag they just stop and look pleased with themselves, completely ignoring any attempt to make them run in the opposite direction. It's the same on wide throws pulling them off the bag, they stagger like an old man, then refuse to sort their feet out and return to the bag.

Like others have said, holding the button for the base is the fix but it shouldn't really have to be. There are situations where you want to be able to make the choice between running to the bag yourself of throw it to someone covering, but they are both essentially the same button so you have to either let the computer decide which to do of risk the fielders forgetting what bases are when you move them manually.
Old 05-31-2017, 02:15 PM   #19
Rookie

Aviator87AC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
The fielder missing the base is just the games completely lack of situational intelligence from fielders and just happens every now and again on various plays.

The worst part though is the fielders absolute refusal to turn around after you've done it though, if they overrun a bag they just stop and look pleased with themselves, completely ignoring any attempt to make them run in the opposite direction. It's the same on wide throws pulling them off the bag, they stagger like an old man, then refuse to sort their feet out and return to the bag.

Like others have said, holding the button for the base is the fix but it shouldn't really have to be. There are situations where you want to be able to make the choice between running to the bag yourself of throw it to someone covering, but they are both essentially the same button so you have to either let the computer decide which to do of risk the fielders forgetting what bases are when you move them manually.
^this

One or two mistakes I can overlook. Path-finding issue by a rookie player, no big deal. But the complete lack of situational intelligence, hustling on big plays with close scores and overrunning bases for no reason... it all starts to add up.

As for the laissez-faire "it happens" attitude, I'm beginning to attribute it to those who put the blinders on and don't really play any other sports titles or know anything about pathing AI. Gobs of people experiencing these issues.
Old 05-31-2017, 02:42 PM   #20
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
^this

One or two mistakes I can overlook. Path-finding issue by a rookie player, no big deal. But the complete lack of situational intelligence, hustling on big plays with close scores and overrunning bases for no reason... it all starts to add up.

As for the laissez-faire "it happens" attitude, I'm beginning to attribute it to those who put the blinders on and don't really play any other sports titles or know anything about pathing AI. Gobs of people experiencing these issues.
I'm sorry, I thought this was a thread looking for help with issues that one was having with the game. But now I see its just another typical rant/complain thread.

My mistake. I'll gladly bow out of the conversation and let the ranting/complaining continue.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-31-2017, 04:21 PM   #21
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
If hitting [insert base button here] is actually the way to field these plays, then I'll more than happily take this video down.

But I swear I've tried that before and nothing happened.

Then you pressed the wrong button. I'm not saying the game is flawless by any means, and there are some aspects of fielding where context/situational awareness could be improved.

You're complaining that the game isn't doing what you want even though you are doing the wrong thing. Not a good look.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2017, 04:46 PM   #22
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
How is this POSSIBLE??? Avoidable?

So there's an easy fix that pretty much everyone has been using for some time and that's still unacceptable. Got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by bkrich83; 05-31-2017 at 04:50 PM.
Old 05-31-2017, 05:48 PM   #23
MVP

GR5Noles's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
I suffered through a lot of 2K where AI players just get stuck on screens and Madden where players just collide with blockers. So I don't know where MLB's AI pathing is so inferior.
Old 05-31-2017, 06:39 PM   #24
Rookie

Aviator87AC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I'm sorry, I thought this was a thread looking for help with issues that one was having with the game. But now I see its just another typical rant/complain thread.

My mistake. I'll gladly bow out of the conversation and let the ranting/complaining continue.
Oh yawn. I love when people say this stuff isn't happening, and it is happening.

Online is a broken mess and the only thing that keeps me coming back to offline is simulation baseball.

It's alright, clearly we're playing different games
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »