Home

Pitching Change on Quick Counts

This is a discussion on Pitching Change on Quick Counts within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2017, 08:02 AM   #9
Pro

scooterperpetual's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Pitching Change on Quick Counts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
Did you try this? you say you "believe" it resets the count. If you have a workaround shouldn't you try it first?

QC have been requested for years. Glad they put it in. Like one poster said, just pretend the new pitcher did it.......it's a video game.
I "believe" it worked because I dont have access to my Playstation as I am in the middle of a move. I seem to remember it resetting the count but I dont know without a doubt. If anyone wants to try it they are more than welcome but I dont have access to my Playstation.
Old 08-13-2017, 06:05 PM   #10
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

I think it would be cool to have a quick quick count option that is available for each at bat. In certain situations, I like to ambush the first pitch which you can't ever do with QC. I gave up on QC from the outset, just not realistic.
Old 08-15-2017, 02:27 PM   #11
Rookie

ovm807's Arena

OVR: 4

The problem with quick count is if you bring in a reliever in the middle of an inning, if the count favors the batter (1-0, 2-0, 3-1 etc.) and you walk the batter, the walk is given to the pitcher you replaced. If that player eventually scores, the run is counted against the pitcher you pulled.

By MLB rules, that is correct. If a pitcher is replaced mid count and the count favors the batter, the removed pitcher is responsible for him.

If they add one step to the process it would eliminate this problem. When a new batter steps into the box, don't automatically generate the new count. Require us to hit X to generate the quick count. This would give us the opportunity to change pitchers first.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »