Home

Uniforms Need to be Overhauled

This is a discussion on Uniforms Need to be Overhauled within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2018, 03:11 PM   #33
Rookie

ped3328's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Uniforms Need to be Overhauled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neith
I will not be purchasing this game again until they fix uniforms and fields. It's that simple. I have too many things to do, and I don't like playing the same buggy game year on year.
I am with you 100% on this. I used to be a first-day buyer, but not anymore. I watched some videos of last year's game before it was released and I noticed how off some of the uniform colors were. And to make matters worse, the Tigers' road unis were without names on the back! That oversight, however, was quickly corrected thru a patch. So I retained my 2016 version and I still use a PS3 console of all things. The colors are vibrant: the red is red; the black is black; the yellow is yellow and the blue is the right blue on teams wearing same. Why the colors are ok on a PS3 and not on a PS4 is beyond me. While watching some game play of this year's version, I still found the red being too dark, way too dark. In fact it's more burgundy than red ! Yet, Ramone stated that SDS concentrated on uniforms correctness in this year's version. Oh, they keep saying it's a yearly build, a work in progress or whatever. I will NOT buy this year's version unless the uniforms are spot on. Hopefully, the folks at SDS will see for themselves and correct the situation before release. Is it too much to ask?
Old 02-10-2018, 03:57 PM   #34
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ped3328
I am with you 100% on this. I used to be a first-day buyer, but not anymore. I watched some videos of last year's game before it was released and I noticed how off some of the uniform colors were. And to make matters worse, the Tigers' road unis were without names on the back! That oversight, however, was quickly corrected thru a patch. So I retained my 2016 version and I still use a PS3 console of all things. The colors are vibrant: the red is red; the black is black; the yellow is yellow and the blue is the right blue on teams wearing same. Why the colors are ok on a PS3 and not on a PS4 is beyond me. While watching some game play of this year's version, I still found the red being too dark, way too dark. In fact it's more burgundy than red ! Yet, Ramone stated that SDS concentrated on uniforms correctness in this year's version. Oh, they keep saying it's a yearly build, a work in progress or whatever. I will NOT buy this year's version unless the uniforms are spot on. Hopefully, the folks at SDS will see for themselves and correct the situation before release. Is it too much to ask?
Many of the videos you see aren't of the final built of the game. It's stated when you watch the videos and twitch streams that it's not the final built.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Old 02-10-2018, 04:22 PM   #35
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Even just adding the shaders that simulate the jersey's blowing in the wind like 2K had (say what you will, that was immersive graphically), would go a long way for the overall uniform look.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2018, 12:17 AM   #36
Pro

OVR: 0

Probably will see during the graphics stream the 15th or something.
Old 02-11-2018, 01:45 AM   #37
Pro

Geolink's Arena

OVR: 4

Not to go off topic but, I remember being in awe playing 2K7 on the XBOX 360 and seeing the jersey move as the wind would hit it. Now it obviously was a little overexaggerated how much it would move, but it was a first back then.
Old 02-11-2018, 09:03 AM   #38
Banned

a bit outside's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTiger1
What drives me crazy about the uniforms is they have the throwback uniforms for the Rays for 1998 and 1999 even though the difference between the two uniforms are very little. Yet they could easily put in just one of those and put in the ones they wore for most of their time as the Devil Rays. These were some of my favorite baseball uniforms ever.

Those are great looking uniforms.
Old 02-11-2018, 09:15 AM   #39
Rookie

Love the game ... buy it every year. However, the red on my beloved cubbies KILLS me

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-11-2018, 09:55 AM   #40
Prince of Plakata

Jolly Roger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunRickyRun24
Love the game ... buy it every year. However, the red on my beloved cubbies KILLS me

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I hear you; the Pirates' gold is never bright enough; one might call it mustardesque.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »