Home

MLB The Show 18 Video - Improvements to Diamond Dynasty

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 18 Video - Improvements to Diamond Dynasty within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2018, 04:02 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: MLB The Show 18 Video - Improvements to Diamond Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by legacyme3
Man, I hope Babe Ruth has 800 power.

I wish the 100 point cap, or whatever, could be removed in other modes, as a toggle like other things are. I'm not saying I'd take advantage of it, but you could totally make it an arcade game by giving that much more power to roster creators.

I wonder what the impact of having a 125 as opposed to having a 100 in something is going to be.

I wonder if there is a pitching version of Babe? Would tie in nicely with any Ohtani feature of 2-way players.
Old 02-26-2018, 05:27 PM   #34
Rookie

Jon Arbuckle's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamesoldier68
No, I believe Best Buy Gamers Club will also be offering pre-order and early access to the MLB 18 The Show. Gamers Club will also discount 20% off the game and if you pre-order you get the digital copy for free. Make sure to research this some more but if this is the case, I will be joining Gamers Club this week. I believe it is $30 for a year membership.
Will that allow you to pre-load? Just got Gamer's Club with The Show in mind and being able to pre-load plus have a physical copy would be awesome.
Old 02-26-2018, 05:31 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 4

Regarding the Best Buy pre-order bonus, does that mean you get the Digital copy AND the physical copy? If that's the case, can't you just sell the hard-copy and essentially get the game for free?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2018, 05:37 PM   #36
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Never really played DD mode, but it's always good to have these weekly updates of features, that is what is so great about these guys they don't remove modes so everyone is happy with the variety
Old 02-26-2018, 05:48 PM   #37
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilazndood1
Regarding the Best Buy pre-order bonus, does that mean you get the Digital copy AND the physical copy? If that's the case, can't you just sell the hard-copy and essentially get the game for free?
You don't get the digital copy from Best Buy, they will just ship your physical copy so you get it on the early release date.
Old 02-26-2018, 05:49 PM   #38
Rookie

Yari's Arena

These changes are certainly interesting, but this video has pushed me away from buying the game this year a little bit. Unless they have some easy-to-use, massive tracking system that alerts you about missions that you can tap the motion pad to access, there's no way that I'd be able to keep track of the missions. Unless, of course, Diamond Dynasty is finally a proper offline game mode.

Speaking of the missions themselves, with seemingly so much more content being added I do hope that the missions are easier to accomplish. I don't have the time or energy to grind through the lengthy stuff of last year's games, especially with the ridiculous restrictions. One of the best features of MLB The Show DD mode pre '17 was the ability to play other user created teams. With most of the program missions purposely excluding Extra Innings, DD is essentially useless to me and might as well be an offline mode if all I'm doing is playing against the CPU (because I didn't buy PS+). I don't mind the mode exclusive daily missions because those you can just reroll since they don't lock away a player or some other content aside from EXP and Stubs.

The new CAP changes are interesting, but unfortunately for me, in the wrong direction it feels like. I realize that I'm in the small minority of players who uses the CAP as a utility defender first and not switch-hitting catcher Big Daddy whatever, but at this point the CAP feels so useless that I'd customize my manager instead. At least with a customized manager appearance, I can still feel some connection to the team and have my created face somewhere in it. I hope that with these changes we'll see secondary positions being allowed for the CAP if he's getting locked into those balanced program positions, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Finally, the souvenirs are somewhat neat but without some sort of 3D home to display them in (AKA like 2k’s skybox or similar) then these feel a bit like a waste of space. Woo, I pulled a bobblehead card, but I can’t interact with it or make it bobble with the touchpad in any way. Woo, I pulled a jersey, but I can’t frame it on my virtual skybox wall. I’d like to be able to see and interact with these things if they’re going to be included in the game and to venture to long after the servers for the game are taken down.
Old 02-26-2018, 05:54 PM   #39
Pro

ramspeedkill's Arena

OVR: 3

when will they have information on franchise?
Old 02-26-2018, 05:58 PM   #40
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramspeedkill
when will they have information on franchise?
March 12th - Gamestop Monday which will probably be about Franchise mode.
March 13th - PS Blog about Franchise.
March 15th - Franchise mode deep dive stream on Twitch.

Last edited by Cowboy008; 02-26-2018 at 06:01 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »