Home

What Pitching Options do you use and why?

This is a discussion on What Pitching Options do you use and why? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2018, 03:00 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: What Pitching Options do you use and why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Because he was boozing all night and at the Cheetah Lounge man. Come on KB...get with the program.

LOL my bad, sorry!
Old 03-16-2018, 03:34 PM   #18
Rookie

Airfaron23's Arena

OVR: 0

I use classic pitching on HOF for the reasons armor stated. Also pulse drives my ocd crazy, can never decide which pulse to stop on to throw the pitch lol

MLB: St. Louis Cardinals
NFL: Kansas City Chiefs
Old 03-16-2018, 05:21 PM   #19
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
What? More Pulse pitchers??

Is this real life right now. Here I was feeling like I'm the only Pulse person around Hello fellow Pulsers.

I love Pulse. It's like Classic in that you get SOME randomness, but it's not like Classic in that it doesn't disrespect BB/9 and Control (and the control slider) for the sake of increased randomness.

I can actually feel the differences and how I need to place the pitches with regard to my pitchers' command ratings (and how easy/difficult it is to nail a perfect release with that arm). There's a difference between Barraclaugh's 12 control and Shoemaker's far better BB/9 and control ratings.

I try going back to Classic and I just go like WTF why is he missing by 6 feet or throwing 6 pitches in a row down the middle with 80 command?

Pulse...he might just miss or it might leak a bit back over the plate....not all the way on the other side of it...feels more like what I see on TV/Fangraphs with pitchers.
I use pulse as well for the same reason.
Old 03-16-2018, 05:52 PM   #20
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

OVR: 7

Good ol’ classic for me. I just like to let the ratings do it’s work and admire the pitcher instead of concentrating on timing. Just pitch away! Used to do meter but once I went to classic, never went back. Tried pulse but ya not for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-16-2018, 05:56 PM   #21
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Classic Pitching, HOF difficulty, no visual aides whatsoever.

Clean Screen and purely ratings driven but....I love the feel and nuances of classic pitching. There is an art to pitching with it. I absolutely love it. It also gives you that true dice roll table top Strato-Matic/Statis Pro feel that even great pitchers can have really bad days. And #5 starters can come up with some gem games.

It's awesome.
What armor said (adding in the highly critical 'tweak' of turning off vibration....forces you along with the no visual aids to aim the pitch entirely by feel).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2018, 06:01 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

I use meter on dynamic. I'm up to HOF level pretty consistently, but occasionally drop down if I give up a couple bombs if I miss with a fastball
Old 03-16-2018, 07:57 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
It also gives you that true dice roll table top Strato-Matic/Statis Pro feel that even great pitchers can have really bad days. And #5 starters can come up with some gem games.
I've been thinking about this and after experimenting and such...I think this is either...

-inherent to the game (i.e. like Variable Stuff in the MVP series)...because sometimes...regardless of interface...I can just tell my guy is not on. Like my 94 K/9 pitcher getting a lot of contact on him, etc. Meanwhile, Eflin and his 50's K/9 is getting a high SwStr% and lots of chases.

-A function of sliders allowing for varied results and/or sensitivity to hot/cold/variable stuff/quirks factors.

I really wonder how much interface plays into the good day/bad day dynamic, honestly.
Old 03-16-2018, 07:59 PM   #24
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Classic - HOF
I make sure setting are where I need to be selective and pitch to corners and I never give in.
If I walk 'em I walk 'em

RTTS= Meter

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »