Home

Power outage?

This is a discussion on Power outage? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2018, 05:10 PM   #41
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Power outage?

No problem with power here on default HoF. The pull timing is a little bit more granular I'm finding, but one I figured out the timing for multiple heights middle-in I was good. Oppo field homers are quite nerfed this year imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2018, 05:12 PM   #42
Banned

Williemayshayes00's Arena

OVR: 0

Small sample size, but on dynamic difficulty with my RTTS I was getting an accurate amount of power. I switched over to Veteran with default CON, PWR, SH and Timing on 4 and the Play Now games and RTTS games I have played havent seen a single HR and only a couple warning track flyouts.
Old 03-30-2018, 05:13 PM   #43
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
No problem with power here on default HoF. The pull timing is a little bit more granular I'm finding, but one I figured out the timing for multiple heights middle-in I was good. Oppo field homers are quite nerfed this year imo.
Bad_pholantropy, what do you mean by granular? I am interested in your findings
Old 03-30-2018, 06:32 PM   #44
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
Bad_pholantropy, what do you mean by granular? I am interested in your findings
Just that I have to be more subtle with the timing (earlier or later going after pitches on the inner half of the pate) than in years past. I felt like in previous years it was a pretty standard timing to go after anything in that middle to bottom quarter of the strike zone. This year there's a greater range of timing to get on those pitches and pull them properly.
Old 03-30-2018, 06:44 PM   #45
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Just that I have to be more subtle with the timing (earlier or later going after pitches on the inner half of the pate) than in years past. I felt like in previous years it was a pretty standard timing to go after anything in that middle to bottom quarter of the strike zone. This year there's a greater range of timing to get on those pitches and pull them properly.
Oh I feel you man. I just don't know how anyone can't say that the hitting has not been degraded since the patch though. And it's not the pitch speed because I have already adjusted to the timing. There is just no power on pulled hits whatsoever. It just feels like '17 again. I don't know why they would spend a year tuning the mechanics just to revert back to last years one day after release. Especially when '17 hitting mechanics were not very popular. I stopped playing last years game a month and half after release and didn't touch it again.

I just want a greater variety of hits. Not soft flys and grounders on anything pulled while late hits come out like they are shot out of a cannon. I don't even think they meant to jack the hitting up, but I think the pitch speed before the patch was meant to work with the new mechanics so they had tune the mechanics back to '17 to accommodate the change. Honestly I would rather have slow pitch speeds than wonky hitting
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2018, 08:52 PM   #46
Rookie

tbone1's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
Oh I feel you man. I just don't know how anyone can't say that the hitting has not been degraded since the patch though. And it's not the pitch speed because I have already adjusted to the timing. There is just no power on pulled hits whatsoever. It just feels like '17 again. I don't know why they would spend a year tuning the mechanics just to revert back to last years one day after release. Especially when '17 hitting mechanics were not very popular. I stopped playing last years game a month and half after release and didn't touch it again.

I just want a greater variety of hits. Not soft flys and grounders on anything pulled while late hits come out like they are shot out of a cannon. I don't even think they meant to jack the hitting up, but I think the pitch speed before the patch was meant to work with the new mechanics so they had tune the mechanics back to '17 to accommodate the change. Honestly I would rather have slow pitch speeds than wonky hitting
This is the exact same experience iv'e had post patch.
Pre patch i saw every kind of hit you could think of.
Know it feels like 17 again..hard grounder,flyout.
that goes for cpu as well.
hopefully they can change it back

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »