Home

Franchise - Previous WS Champs?

This is a discussion on Franchise - Previous WS Champs? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2018, 05:24 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Franchise - Previous WS Champs?

Is there a way I can look up previous postseasons, most importantly the previous seasons’ WS champs? I’m only 1/3 through my 2019 year but I don’t remember who won last year.

I’m assuming looking at the WS MVP’s team (NYY) via awards will give me that info but I guess there’s also a non-zero chance they could have lost. Postseason MVP was on the Cubs so I’m guessing that was the matchup, but I’m also curious to see the previous playoffs as a whole, if possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2018, 06:21 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Franchise - Previous WS Champs?

If the awards section lists the WS MVP, there's your answer.
Old 04-12-2018, 07:00 AM   #3
Rookie

TheU1990's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm pretty sure there is a spot where you can see that info. Not at my ps4 right now otherwise I'd check. Going off of this, I really wish the commentators would make mention of team history. For example, if you win the WS with the Mariners they don't even mention that it's their first world series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetjsquared
Is there a way I can look up previous postseasons, most importantly the previous seasons’ WS champs? I’m only 1/3 through my 2019 year but I don’t remember who won last year.

I’m assuming looking at the WS MVP’s team (NYY) via awards will give me that info but I guess there’s also a non-zero chance they could have lost. Postseason MVP was on the Cubs so I’m guessing that was the matchup, but I’m also curious to see the previous playoffs as a whole, if possible.
Old 04-12-2018, 08:05 AM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Outside of what kenp86 said about viewing World Series MVP, there isn't.

This is an aspect of franchise mode that I'm patiently/impatiently waiting to get some love. I want to be able to view World Series champions going all the way back to the first world series. I want to see the matchups and what the series was (4-2, 4-3, etc...)

I also want to see the postseason history from each year, at least in my franchise seasons. I want to know who made it and who won each matchup.

Currently I do all of this by pen and paper like the good ol days, but man I would love for them to add it to franchise mode one year.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-12-2018, 08:22 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy

This is an aspect of franchise mode that I'm patiently/impatiently waiting to get some love. I want to be able to view World Series champions going all the way back to the first world series. I want to see the matchups and what the series was (4-2, 4-3, etc...)

I also want to see the postseason history from each year, at least in my franchise seasons. I want to know who made it and who won each matchup.

Currently I do all of this by pen and paper like the good ol days, but man I would love for them to add it to franchise mode one year.
Im in 2019 season as well. Only info i keep year to year are these. This is from my 2018 season

2018 Season
Home Run Derby Champion: Judge over Trout
NL MVP: Bryce Harper, Wa
AL MVP: JD Martinez, Bos
NL CY: Clayton Kershaw, LaD
AL CY: Chris Sale, Bos
World Series: Cleveland over Washington* (4-3)
WS MVP: Francisco Lindor, Clv
HoF: Ichiro Suzuki (Sea), Albert Pujols (LaA)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2018, 08:48 AM   #6
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenp86
Im in 2019 season as well. Only info i keep year to year are these. This is from my 2018 season

2018 Season
Home Run Derby Champion: Judge over Trout
NL MVP: Bryce Harper, Wa
AL MVP: JD Martinez, Bos
NL CY: Clayton Kershaw, LaD
AL CY: Chris Sale, Bos
World Series: Cleveland over Washington* (4-3)
WS MVP: Francisco Lindor, Clv
HoF: Ichiro Suzuki (Sea), Albert Pujols (LaA)
I keep those along with the previous playoffs and standings.

I also do my best to keep up with the managers, but its extremely difficult.

Please SDS...if not going to let us view other team's staffs in single team control, please add manager/coach hiring/firings to the transaction screen.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-12-2018, 09:25 AM   #7
Rookie

If you do 30 team control you can see who won in the GM Goals section. Otherwise I think your SOL. It is strange the “goal” of franchise mode isn’t documented anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-12-2018, 09:51 AM   #8
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy

Yup, along with team records and individual records it seems like such a basic and important thing to be in the game, yet for some reason isn't. For all the talk of expansion, create a stadium and other incredibly large changes that they obviously have no intention of ever doing, there are so many actually implementable features that they really should be adding that would hugely improve franchise

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »