Home

Franchise Frustrations

This is a discussion on Franchise Frustrations within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2018, 01:27 PM   #17
MVP

forme95's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Franchise Frustrations

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshokunbi
Seriously, thanks for this sentence. No joke, sometimes I get so caught up, I lose perspective.

No worries. I do too. I get so immersed into my franchises that I forget that exact same statement. I just try to enjoy it as much as I can with what I have to work with. I just try to remember that some things in this game can't be mimicked to real life. To many variables.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 04-14-2018, 05:36 PM   #18
Rookie

You have to remember there are only 90 players on your roster. Real MLB franchises have over 125 guys at their disposal and a much larger free agent pool as well.

I start my franchises with real injuries but I do scale it back a bit. Otherwise you end up with 25% of your entire organisation on the DL which is not realistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-14-2018, 05:45 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 8

How do you manually put someone on the DL?
Old 04-14-2018, 07:10 PM   #20
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
I tried one year to do a realistic start of the season with DL, and came to the conclusion that it was silly and a waste of time. So now I just start as if everyone is healthy and what happens in the game, happens. It is a pain to go through the OSFM roster and move players back and figure out what starting rotations and lineups would be like. To combat that, I just moved players who I thought should be on the 40 man and who I thought should be in MLB and put them as such. Then I start in Spring training and make Injury 10 so when I get through spring, I have some injuries starting the season.

This is a video game after all. It has its limits. You have to remember that you only have 90 players and not 900 (exaggeration I know) like in real life so some things cant be done for that reason alone. It isn't a computer game that would allow for more expanded control like OOTP so to say.
Part of the reason I love video games is that you can start fresh with no injuries. I know some guys like to mimick the real regular season but I find that a bit silly. So I start off with everyone healthy and playing. No injuries at all at the start of my franchise and then what happens happens.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Old 04-14-2018, 07:19 PM   #21
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
I tried one year to do a realistic start of the season with DL, and came to the conclusion that it was silly and a waste of time. So now I just start as if everyone is healthy and what happens in the game, happens. It is a pain to go through the OSFM roster and move players back and figure out what starting rotations and lineups would be like. To combat that, I just moved players who I thought should be on the 40 man and who I thought should be in MLB and put them as such. Then I start in Spring training and make Injury 10 so when I get through spring, I have some injuries starting the season.

This is a video game after all. It has its limits. You have to remember that you only have 90 players and not 900 (exaggeration I know) like in real life so some things cant be done for that reason alone. It isn't a computer game that would allow for more expanded control like OOTP so to say.
I have adopted this approach as well. Tired of wasting time trying to get everything to perfection. I do manually injure the handful of guys out for the year, but otherwise, I just play with everyone healthy.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by bravesfan1984; 04-14-2018 at 09:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2018, 08:53 PM   #22
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

I take the approach of just doing a single team franchise, and let the rest of the chips fall as they may. I treat the Show as it’s own universe, and don’t worry about what happens in real life with regards to my franchise. Found it’s easier to enjoy that way.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 04-14-2018, 09:03 PM   #23
Pro

vertman's Arena

I don’t have a single injury after 9 games in my franchise. Many other teams have them not complaining but it seems a little odd.

Old 04-14-2018, 09:16 PM   #24
MVP

forme95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertman
I don’t have a single injury after 9 games in my franchise. Many other teams have them not complaining but it seems a little odd.

It's only 9 games. If your worried, you could sim at 6 and when you go into your game go move the injury to 9, but don't forget to switch it back before you finish simming the day (your minor league games).

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »