Home

What team and why

This is a discussion on What team and why within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2018, 08:12 PM   #33
Rookie

mwink31's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: What team and why

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drty_Windshield
I'm surprised that you mentioned Avery. When someone is referencing the 90's pitchers dream team, Avery always gets left out of the conversation.
Those Braves teams had a lot of Michiganders following with Smoltz and Avery on the staff. I was disappointed that the MLB Network doc a few weeks back had no mention of Avery (that I recall). It was fun seeing Smoltz, Maddux, and Tommy G together.

Once Drove 4 hours from Ann Arbor to Pittsburgh when I was 16 to see Braves take on the Bucs in 3 Rivers Stadium. Maddux threw a 3 hit complete game in under 2 hours. Want to say he threw somewhere in the 90 pitches range. In my eyes, the 91 WS will never be beaten (even with the gut wrenching heartbreak). 7 games, 3 going in extra innings including a 10 inning 1-0 game 7 finish. Fantastic.
Old 04-13-2018, 08:35 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by a bit outside
Cmon now Caulfield, don’t be like that. My two favorite teams are the Cardinals and whoever is playing the Braves.
I'm not really a Rangers fan but the woman I was with at the time was, and the Cards really made it a long cold winter for me

A Work in Progress
Old 04-13-2018, 11:23 PM   #35
Banned

a bit outside's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
I'm not really a Rangers fan but the woman I was with at the time was, and the Cards really made it a long cold winter for me
So your saying she is not a Nelson Cruz fan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2018, 11:35 PM   #36
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drty_Windshield
I'm surprised that you mentioned Avery. When someone is referencing the 90's pitchers dream team, Avery always gets left out of the conversation.
Steve Avery was amazing!!
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Old 04-13-2018, 11:41 PM   #37
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwink31
Those Braves teams had a lot of Michiganders following with Smoltz and Avery on the staff. I was disappointed that the MLB Network doc a few weeks back had no mention of Avery (that I recall). It was fun seeing Smoltz, Maddux, and Tommy G together.

Once Drove 4 hours from Ann Arbor to Pittsburgh when I was 16 to see Braves take on the Bucs in 3 Rivers Stadium. Maddux threw a 3 hit complete game in under 2 hours. Want to say he threw somewhere in the 90 pitches range. In my eyes, the 91 WS will never be beaten (even with the gut wrenching heartbreak). 7 games, 3 going in extra innings including a 10 inning 1-0 game 7 finish. Fantastic.
When a pitcher gets a complete game on less than 100 pitches I've heard it called a Maddux. LOL! Was amazing how he routinely did that. But I found something that shocked me a week or so ago, I was looking at his game logs because I was wondering what the highest number of walks he ever had in a game was. Well I found a game from 90 or 91 where he walked 7 batters. Now the question is, since I didn't get to watch the game, how many of those walks were the oh "unintentional (intentional) walk" variety. I think from 92 or 93 onward he never walked more than 4 in a game.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Old 04-14-2018, 08:36 PM   #38
lek
Rookie

OVR: 1

I am still playing 17 and use fictional rosters. My Giants franchise is in year three. I decided to play with them because I liked the uniforms and stadium. I am a Yankee fan in real life so never go with them in the game (I am nuts and if stats don't add up to real life I get upset). If I get 2018, which I eventually will if fictional rosters come out for the game, and play with real life rosters I think I would chose the Reds because its a difficult rebuild or maybe Tampa or Miami because both franchises are a complete mess and should probably be contracted out.
Old 04-14-2018, 09:11 PM   #39
MVP

forme95's Arena

I use the Indians (my hometown/favorite) for my MoM franchise and the Rays (Cause I know live near Tampa and would be a fun rebuild)for my play franchise.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 04-15-2018, 02:22 PM   #40
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

Marlins because apparently I'm broken on the inside...

It's actually been surprisingly fun because of how impossible it is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »