Home

MLB The Show 18 Patch 1.11 Available, Patch Notes Included

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 18 Patch 1.11 Available, Patch Notes Included within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2018, 09:17 AM   #9
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 1.11 Tomorrow, Link to Detailed Patch Notes included

Still no Blue Jays alternate caps... I am all the sad.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-07-2018, 09:37 AM   #10
MVP

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman2774
I’ve had the same experience. Directional hitting classic pitching. Default HOF. In 5 games since the patch I was rarely hitting the ball with +100 exit velo on “good” timed swings. Nor was the cpu. I bumped power to 6 (one click up from default). After one game (small sample size) the hitting felt really good to me. Plenty of hit variety (including weak contact when deserved), strikeouts, and power when earned. Excited to keep playing to obtain a larger sample size.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Awesome news. Great job SDS on the communication. It’s nice to get confirmation that something did change with hitting after patch 1.10 and that I wasn’t delusional, or have enough games for an adequate sample size, or had a different version of the game than others, or was in a long slump, etc. I love this game and I’m looking forward to getting a little more pop in my bat!

Last edited by gman2774; 06-07-2018 at 09:39 AM.
Old 06-07-2018, 09:46 AM   #11
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman2774
Awesome news. Great job SDS on the communication. It’s nice to get confirmation that something did change with hitting after patch 1.10 and that I wasn’t delusional, or have enough games for an adequate sample size, or had a different version of the game than others, or was in a long slump, etc. I love this game and I’m looking forward to getting a little more pop in my bat!

I was ready to give that solid hits slider a nudge in the right direction.

Last edited by RogerDodger; 06-07-2018 at 01:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2018, 11:19 AM   #12
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

First, I LOVE how they are communicating changes....really hope SDS folks see this and realize how much many of us appreciate it.

Secondly, even as a directional guy, I really welcome these changes for hitting (if they work as well as the theory suggests). I've not been thrilled with hitting the last couple of patches (especially the last one) and the items they are talking about here jive with the issues I've been seeing.
Old 06-07-2018, 11:19 AM   #13
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

any feedback yet?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-07-2018, 11:30 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
any feedback yet?
Entirely too early, but I played one RS game and it did feel like I was being rewarded more for good PCI placement. I hit 3 HR's (rare enough as it is in H2H) and every one of them was either squared up or just above the sweet spot of the PCI - the ideal homerun swing. One of them was with my CAP and it's the hardest shot I've seen him hit - dead center in the Rogers Centre with 61 power. Lost the game due to my opponent hitting a 3 run HR and a defensive miscue by me.
Old 06-07-2018, 11:42 AM   #15
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Entirely too early, but I played one RS game and it did feel like I was being rewarded more for good PCI placement. I hit 3 HR's (rare enough as it is in H2H) and every one of them was either squared up or just above the sweet spot of the PCI - the ideal homerun swing. One of them was with my CAP and it's the hardest shot I've seen him hit - dead center in the Rogers Centre with 61 power. Lost the game due to my opponent hitting a 3 run HR and a defensive miscue by me.
Thanks bcruise.

I'm stuck at work....bored....LOL

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2018, 12:17 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 9

This sounds like a great step in the right direction.

Since I have made the switch to directional hitting, as my reflexes seemed to have waned in recent years, I would often watch replays, and try to dissect the feedback to what actually occurred.

What I would sometimes notice is that I would get a "good" feedback on my swing, and the PCI would have the ball right smack dab in the center of the "paint splatter".

However, the result could be a swinging third strike. Now, with timing, PCI and swing type all added to the stew, I love how there were results that were not always predictable.

But, when the Timing was "good", Swing was "good", and the ball marker was dead center of the PCI, I did not quite grasp how that resulted in a miss.

I will run a few test games with the new patch/tweak, and see if the results match the input a bit closer.

~syf

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »