Home

MLB The Show 18 Patch 1.11 Available, Patch Notes Included

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 18 Patch 1.11 Available, Patch Notes Included within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2018, 04:57 PM   #169
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 18 Patch 1.11 Available, Patch Notes Included

Hitter discipline for the CPU is something worth watching to see how strong the correlation is between a CPU hitter chasing outside the zone or not.

I spent the whole of spring training locking down my sliders so the good teams I play draw walks from me, I draw walks from them and I found a balance I liked. After about 15 reg. season games I'm 9-7 so all is good but I realised that I didn't fear pitching in the zone against their best hitters enough for the CPU to draw enough walks against me and have bumped the difficulty up to HOF for pitching and All Star for hitting.

My sliders were originally set up for All Star + pitching and Vet hitting so I'm working through a few games to see if things have changed much given my difficulty change. I haven't messed around with the sliders since Spring Training where I basically made the gameplay more challenging without changing the difficulty but shifted around the sliders instead. That said, my first series is against the Padres so they don't really have any superstar hitters to test my plate discipline hypothesis.
Old 06-25-2018, 09:25 PM   #170
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: MLB The Show 18 Patch 1.11 Available, Patch Notes Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkie12
I havent been too active around here since this patch, but is everyone still seeing the outfielder's jogging issue? It said it was fixed in the patch notes, and I dont see it anymore when they are running after a ball that goes to the wall, but I see it quite frequently still when trying to catch a fly ball.

Also should note this is in Diamond Dynasty, both offline and online.
I have seen this, too. As you mentioned, I only see it when they are attempting to catch a ball, usually shallow flies or balls hit to LCF/RCF.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »