Home

MLB The Show 18 Patch 1.11 Available, Patch Notes Included

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 18 Patch 1.11 Available, Patch Notes Included within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2018, 08:50 PM   #33
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: MLB The Show 18 Patch 1.11 Available, Patch Notes Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
For what its worth after 4 innings:

8 runs on 10 hits. 3 homeruns and 2 doubles.

Default Legend with Zone Hitting, PCI off.

Also had Lance Lynn get injured on a line drive off his foot.
Quoting myself but to provide final stats:

I beat the Phillies 9-3. We combined for 25 hits, 6 homeruns (I had 5) and 2 doubles (all by me)

Now before people become concerned about the patch please know that I faced Severino Gonzalez who isn't the most dominant pitcher and is struggling this year. His ERA was 5+ coming into the game.

Also the game prior I beat the Phillies 8-3 where we hit 3 homeruns, had 3 doubles, and a triple in route to 11 hits. This was on patch 1.10.

So a one game sample but those are the stats. To be quite honest, outside of hitting squared up pitches a bit harder, I didn't notice much difference in hitting. I also didn't notice much difference in terms of double plays. Not saying there wasn't or isn't anything new/improved, just from my one game sample it isn't significant/overdone.

On to the next.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-07-2018, 09:27 PM   #34
Banned

a bit outside's Arena

OVR: 0

I just played my first game of 1.11.
I do like the added urgency, I thought it played really well defensively.
As far as hitting.....I will have to play a few more as my timing was horrible....late/early etc. Never could get myself in a good hitters count.
On the mound I had the same issue, terrible timing....missing my mark.
Fredbird was afraid to get on top of the dugout and stayed curled up in the fetal position in the dugout.

Maybe next game.
Old 06-07-2018, 09:29 PM   #35
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: 1.11 Tomorrow, Link to Detailed Patch Notes included

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgoi
How does one score 11 runs through 5 batters?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Times to hit aka innings

Sorry I assumed it would be less confusing

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2018, 09:35 PM   #36
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

2nd game finished.

Beat the Phillies 3-2. We combined for 17 hits but there were only two extra base hits, a double by the Phillies and we had a triple. Lot of seeing eyed and bloop singles in this game. Weird game.

I did notice in this game that balls squared up are hit harder, but I don't see it really causing a big increase in offense. Nice to see hard line drives more often than not on squared up pitches.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-08-2018, 12:29 AM   #37
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

1st franchise game via the patch:

Box Score:

https://imgur.com/a/mJuj6Ux

Won 5-4 with all my scoring combing via the long ball (3 solo shots, and a 2 run blast), but my team is pretty stacked since it's a fantasy draft. The CPU put up a good fight, hitting the ball pretty hard too, yet with a mediocre team. They had a couple of nice slicing doubles down the line, a triple over Harper's head that he tried to dive for and came up empty (auto fielding), in addition to 1 big HR.

Feels good to have the CPU a bit more of a threat on HOF pitching.

My HR with Harper felt like it probably would've been a pop out before the patch (a bit early on one high and away in the zone, but squared up and pulled over the fence). Felt nice and looked realistic on the replay.

Last edited by jeffy777; 06-08-2018 at 12:43 AM.
Old 06-08-2018, 01:46 AM   #38
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

2nd game...

Box score:
https://imgur.com/a/ioJ1Ndu

Wind blowing in at Wrigley resulted in a pitcher's duel with Chris Archer, till we finally broke through in the late game. Again, my team is stacked, but only hit 1 HR against the wind. They got to me in the top of the 1st after stringing together some singles, but Happ settled in after that and pitched a gem.

Patch feels good to me. Seems like I'm seeing more pulled pitches, whereas before, almost everything that wasn't on the inner 3rd of the plate was hit opposite field even with "good" timing.

Last edited by jeffy777; 06-08-2018 at 01:51 AM.
Old 06-08-2018, 02:54 AM   #39
Rookie

GWPump23's Arena

OVR: 3

Last week I posted in Countryboy’s forum about how I wish the negativity around this game would die down, and now... I’m completely wiped out!

These patches are REALLY wearing me down. A 1/2 dozen games post patch & I am hitting seeds ALL over the place & scoring runs like NEVER before... May be turning off the PS4 for a while as I am REALLY getting frustrated!

How in the hell are offline franchise guys ever gunna get a stat simulation’d season in with gameplay being constantly jerked with ALL YEAR LONG! I could never understand how guys could leave the current installment of The Show & go back to a previous year... NOW I get it.

Default LEGEND, MikeLowe & even Pagoi’s sliders aren’t helping... How much easier can this game get? Are us ZONE / METER guys gunna be forced to switch to DIRECTIONAL / CLASSIC? This game is becoming a 1 button, ratings driven version of strat-o-matic

“GW, step off the ledge”... yeah, I get it! I’ve just Loved this title for so damn long that it actually hurts me watching it trend downward like this...

-GW-

Last edited by GWPump23; 06-08-2018 at 03:09 AM.
Old 06-08-2018, 03:16 AM   #40
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWPump23
Last week I posted in Countryboy’s forum about how I wish the negativity around this game would die down, and now... I’m completely wiped out!

These patches are REALLY wearing me down. A 1/2 dozen games post patch & I am hitting seeds ALL over the place & scoring runs like NEVER before... May be turning off the PS4 for a while as I am REALLY getting frustrated!

How in the hell are offline franchise guys ever gunna get a stat simulation’d season in with gameplay being constantly jerked with ALL YEAR LONG! I could never understand how guys could leave the current installment of The Show & go back to a previous year... NOW I get it.

Default LEGEND, MikeLowe & even Pagoi’s sliders aren’t helping... How much easier can this game get? Are us ZONE / METER guys gunna be forced to switch to DIRECTIONAL / CLASSIC? This game is becoming a 1 button, ratings driven version of strat-o-matic

“GW, step off the ledge”... yeah, I get it! I’ve just Loved this title for so damn long that it actually hurts me watching it trend downward like this...

-GW-
I haven't gotten a chance to play yet on this latest patch but I assure you, if it's as easy as you say it is, I will follow with updates to my sliders to increase the challenge.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »