Home

Addition of Little Things....

This is a discussion on Addition of Little Things.... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2018, 11:42 PM   #25
3X MLBTS Champion

mlblover15's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Addition of Little Things....

yes, this is a VIDEO GAME first and foremost. however, it is a sim like a representation of the real-life game. that being said... I want a full on every nuance every single style of cutscene 2+ hr long game time real life tv full-on presentation I can have. I do not and every will ever button mash any cut-scene to speed up the game.

so everything I have read in this thread is a great start to what in my opinion would be the ultimate perfect game.

stat wise however overall in this game is lacking way behind where they could or really should be. team vs team stats every stat you can think of that us as managers/bloggers (virtual beat writers) need to help us to make decisions that can make or break a game or series.

I have a list of stats I would love for them to track in this game that is at least 20+ long... plus all the small things presentation wise I would love to see put in.

I watch a ton of televised baseball and this game is so short of real life presentation it isn't even funny. hey for all you button mashers you can do that all you want but for those of us that love this game and want the full experience in our video game of it we went well I want the full 3 hr experience of it... this is the only game I play so I have all the time all year round to play it...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2018, 06:39 PM   #26
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

OVR: 0

I would love to see everyone up in the dugout supporting the team at big moments in big games. Bottom of the 9th, down by one, there shouldn't be a player sat down in the dugout.
Old 09-19-2018, 07:01 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
I would love to see everyone up in the dugout supporting the team at big moments in big games. Bottom of the 9th, down by one, there shouldn't be a player sat down in the dugout.
And to build on the dugout stuff, I'd like to see starting pitchers goofing around with each other in the dugout on their off days. Have them out of uniform and wearing a pullover or hoodie on their off days too
Old 09-21-2018, 10:12 AM   #28
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Would like to see first base coaches with stop watches as well.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 09-21-2018, 11:27 AM   #29
Rookie

Now I have been wanting this for the longest, longest, longest time, with guess what my most wanted ever is along with the video ribbon is the instant replay on those beautiful JUMBOTRONS!!!!!!!!!! Let them take that to the bank or will we have to wait til Ps5?
Old 09-22-2018, 10:05 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 9

How about cold games seeing players breathe. Would help with the illusion of cold temps.
Old 09-23-2018, 06:50 PM   #31
Rookie

I'd like to see any catcher who wears the non-hockey style mask have their mask shift to the side of their head on stolen base attempts. Follow that with the infielder and catcher pointing back at each other on outs where the runner was caught stealing.. as if they're saying "great throw/great tag."

...And while we're on the subject, do the statcast for these plays from time to time. Pop time, throw velocity, runner speed...

Coaches who don't wear winter coats in the summer.

Last edited by WarningTrackPower; 09-23-2018 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Adding stuff
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2018, 10:51 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 8

To piggy back on the Anthem suggestion (which I have cried out for so long people are like dude quit it) it would be great if it occurred on special days, Opening Day, 4th of July, AS Game, Game 1 of each round of the playoffs etc. Just to make it all the more special.

I would like to random the location cutaways. Currently the 3rd inning for day games and the 9th in night games, it would just be a nice mixup to have it at different innings so it's not expected (coming from someone who plays every game in Franchise and won't hit the skip button so I know this is just a small thing)

The ticker needs a little update. I would love, just love, if they used the MLBN ticker for the MLBN Presentation. Maybe in the commentary it would be also great to mention other MLBN shows like "I'm sure the guys in the MLB Tonight Studio will be talking about this play" or "Remember you can catch all MLB Highlights on Quick Pitch"

Staying on MLBN Presentation, would be great if certain big games would get the MLBN Showcase presentation style. Sometimes you get 2 or 3 MLBN games lumped together in a series and it would be awesome if say Sale vs Severino on a Wednesday night matchup gets the Showcase treatment.

Please bring back Upcoming Game Promos. Especially if one of the upcoming games is your franchise game on MLBN.

Overlays are often mentioned, my suggestion would be a full screen calendar style overlay for upcoming schedule, with MLBTS under the regular games and if a game is being covered on MLBN in your franchise it has MLBN under it.

Something I know is more MLB's department than Sony San Diego but more product placement in overlays would be most welcome. Geico bringing us the Starting Lineups, Pepsi Play of the game etc would be cool.

Just a few rattling around in my head. I know there is way more in there but too much is, well too much!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »